Dr. Sofia Khan is a pediatrician practicing in Charleston, WV. Dr. Khan is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Khan diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Khan can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Education and Training
Sind Med Coll, Univ Of Karachi, Karachi, Pakistan 1988
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Charleston Area Med Ctr, Pediatrics
Mrs. Sofia S Khan M.D.'s Practice location
Charleston, WV 25304Get Direction
Mrs. Sofia S Khan M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Khan
- What Is Campylobacter Infection: Causes and Treatment
Campylobacter InfectionOne of the main causes of diarrhea is Campylobacter. It is also one of the major causes of foodborne illnesses. When it infects the gastrointestinal tract, it can cause cramps, fever, and diarrhea. Campylobacter infections can be prevented by good handwashing habits and food...
- What Are the Factors that Contribute to Autism?
The causes of autism spectrum disorders (ASDs) are still unclear. Even though research shows that genetic factors are predominate, they are not the one and only cause. In fact, it’s much more likely that there are multiple causes rather than just one.1. Genetic FactorsThere are multiple studies...
- Nursemaid's Elbow Treatments
What is a nursemaid's elbow?A nursemaid's elbow is a common elbow injury among toddlers and preschoolers. This painful injury happens when a ligament slips out of its normal place in the joint. Sometimes, it resolves on its own. However, most of the time, healthcare providers help return the...
- Tips on How to Help Teens With Autism Find a Job
As your child grows into teenagehood, it is quite normal to worry about their future and career. However, with the many opportunities available for children with autism, there is really no cause for worrying. Today’s parent would rather have their child get used to normal study and work rather...
- Is Vaccination an Old Method or Another Achievement of the Modern Era?
In the early 19th to the 20th century, parents would have been surprised to know that future generations would be free from childhood diseases. Diphtheria was then one of the most common diseases that took the lives of thousands of children, while polio left thousands of children crippled. Measles...
- Children Who Snore May Develop Behavioral Problems
A new study shows that snoring, breathing through one's mouth, and stopping breathing while asleep may lead to behavioral problems in children. Earlier studies have shown that these disorders in sleeping are known as hyperactivity.The study recruited pregnant women who were due to deliver between...
- Dr. Gilbert Goliath M.D.424 Division St Charleston WV 25309
- Dr. Beth Bloom Emrick M.D.830 Pennsylvania Ave Charleston WV 25302
- Dr. Bonnie Bailey MD800 Pennsylvania Ave Charleston WV 25302
- Dr. Kimberly Sue Cross MD800 Pennsylvania Ave Charleston WV 25302
- Dr. Eduardo M Suson MD830 Pennsylvania Ave Charleston WV 25302
- Dr. Mary J Mikhailov MD25 Winfield Road Winfield IL 60190