Dr. Doris Bowers is a family practitioner practicing in Shelbyville, IL. Dr. Bowers specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Bowers possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
Univ of Mo, Columbia Sch of Med, Columbia Mo 1996
University of Missouri / Columbia Campus 1996
University of Pennsylvania, PA 1996
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Ear Infection
- Contact Dermatitis
- Vascular Disease
- Univ Il Coll Med-Rockford, Family Medicine; Naval Reg Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Naval Reg Med Center
- University of Illinois College of Medicine at Rockford Program
Dr. Doris Ann Bowers M.D.'s Practice location
Shelbyville, IL 62565Get Direction
SHELBYVILLE, IL 62565Get Direction
Dr. Doris Ann Bowers M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Bowers
- The History of Rheumatoid Arthritis
Introduction Rheumatoid arthritis causes inflammation of the joints and other body areas. It is an autoimmune disease and its symptoms include:...
- What is Bone Density?
For good health, strong bones are important. Bone mineral density(BMD) is the best way to measure the health of the bones. It is a comparison of the person's bone density or mass to that of a healthy person who is of the same age and sex. Bone mineral density can show whether a person has...
- Syphilis: If Left Untreated, What Happens to the Body?
What is Syphilis?Syphilis is a venereal disease that is transmitted through vaginal, anal, or oral sexual contact. It can also be passed from a pregnant mother to her unborn baby, or from an infected blood donor to a person who receives the blood contaminated with syphilitic bacteria through a...
- How Exactly Does Terbinafine Work to Treat Jock Itch?
What is terbinafine?Terbinafine is an antifungal that works by stopping fungi from growing. Topical terbinafine is used for the treatment of fungal skin infections, such as ringworm, jock itch, and athlete's foot. Oral terbinafine tablets are often prescribed when it comes to treating fungal...
- What Is Shivering: 15 Conditions That Might Cause Chills
What is shivering?Exposure to cold or rapid shifts in temperature usually causes uncontrollable shivering. However, many other possible causes can cause shivering or chills. An uncontrollable shivering that persists for a longer time may indicate an underlying illness that requires immediate medical...
- What Are Hormones?
IntroductionHormones are a special kind of chemical messengers in the body that are created by the endocrine glands. These chemical messengers control and coordinate complex processes in the body, such as growth, metabolism, fertility, and reproduction. Hormones can also influence the body's immune...
- Dr. Kari Cataldo M.D.7 Hawthorne Ln Sullivan IL 61951
- Mr. Marlon Tan Muneses MD1770 E Lake Shore Dr Decatur IL 62521
- Dr. Deogracias F Quizon MD217 S Locust St Pana IL 62557
- Dr. Janice A Vandeveer MD1000 Health Center Dr Mattoon IL 61938
- Dr. Sharon Rose Yap palomo MD501 Midwestern Pkwy E Wichita Falls TX 76302
- Dr. Catherine Diasanta Teodoro M.D.101 E 9th St Pana IL 62557