Dr. Michael Mcgill is a speech language pathologist practicing in SHREVEPORT, LA. Dr. Mcgill specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Mcgill evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Mcgill helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Michael D Mcgill SLP's Practice location
SHREVEPORT, LA 71103Get Direction
Michael D Mcgill SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- Everything You Need To Know About Multiple Sclerosis
CausesMS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system — the brain, spinal cord and optic nerve. Specifically the immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers — myelin — creating...
- What is Asperger's Syndrome?
Asperger's syndrome is a form of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The difference between Asperger's syndrome and autism is that people with Asperger's syndrome will not have delayed language development at a young age. An individual with Asperger's may be equally as smart as an individual who does...
- Allyce Lyles MCD, CCC-SLP549 FOX CV HAUGHTON LA 71037
- Valerie B Murphy4712 RICHMOND AVE SHREVEPORT LA 71106
- Mrs. Charlotte Wright Herring1800 BUCKNER ST SHREVEPORT LA 71101
- Megan Vaughn Lerchie MCD/CCC-SLP10460 PLUM CREEK DR SHREVEPORT LA 71106
- Renae Fincher Colwick MA, CCC-SLP205 PICCADILLY LANE BOSSIER CITY LA 71111
- Mallory Jane Kelly2575 AIRLINE DR BOSSIER CITY LA 71111