Dr. Pramthesh Desai practices Pulmonology in Wilkes Barre, PA. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Desai manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
THE M S UNIVERSITY
Medical College Baroda 1989
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Pulmonary Disease
- U S DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS
Dr. Pramthesh Kantilal Desai MD's Practice location
Wilkes Barre, PA 18702Get Direction
Dr. Pramthesh Kantilal Desai MD's reviewsWrite Review
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- These Young Adults with Cystic Fibrosis Raise Awareness Through their Careers
Treatment and management of Cystic Fibrosis (CF) has come a long way. It used to result in children dying at very early ages, but now they can live much longer and even flourish well into adulthood. This is a result of novel treatment methods, enhanced specialized care, dietary changes, and overall...
- Stem Cell Therapy Can Reduce Inflammation in Cystic Fibrosis, Study Says
Cystic fibrosis can cause numerous lung infections that will lead to lung damage and a weaker respiratory system. Scientists have therefore taken to researching different rehabilitation methods on repairing lung damage. There have been a number of recent breakthroughs in lung rehabilitation, but one...
- Prenatal Testing and Diagnosis of Cystic Fibrosis
Cystic fibrosis (CF) is an inherited disease that is caused by a defect in the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR) gene. The CFTR protein is responsible for controlling the transportation of salt in and out of cells. Any mutations in the CFTR gene can cause an imbalance in the...
- What is Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome?
Acute respiratory distress syndrome, or ARDS, the malignant inflammation of the lungs, and develops as a response to an infection or infection. Recently, our understanding of the pathophysiology of this condition has improved a lot and has led to better medical interventions. Since this is one of...
- All About Atypical Pneumonia: Its Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
Atypical Pneumonia: What is it?Atypical pneumonia is an infection of the lungs caused by organisms other than the ones that usually cause pneumonia. The organisms responsible for atypical pneumonia include Legionella pneumophila, Mycoplasma pneumoniae, and Chlamydia Pneumoniae. Atypical pneumonia is...
- Dr. Nat Elliot Levinson M.D.435 Scranton Carbondale Hwy Scranton PA 18508
- Dr. Emily E Grum MD200 Lothrop St Pittsburgh PA 15213
- Dr. John William Peters MD103 Fairway Dr Clarks Summit PA 18411
- Mr. Joseph W Stepanitis DO480 Pierce St Kingston PA 18704
- Dr. Pius Ochieng M.D.700 High St Williamsport PA 17701
- Dr. Srinivasarao Ramakrishna MD517 Ash Street Scranton PA 18509