Dr. Gayan Poovendran is a Sports Medicine Family Practitioner in Miami Beach, FL. As a Sports Medicine Family Practitioner, Dr. Poovendran is trained to assess, diagnose, prevent, and treat sports injuries in patients of all ages, and refer those patients to further services if needed. Sports Medicine Family Practitioners must complete specialized training in order to help each patient maximize function and improve quality of life. He has a specific interest and focus in regenerative medicine and minimally invasive orthopedic procedures using ultrasound guidance.
Education and Training
Ross University School of Medicine
American Board of Family Medicine
Sports Medicine (Family Medicine)
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Pinched Nerve
- Rotator Cuff Syndrome
- David Grant Medical Center Program
- Grant Medical Center - Columbus, Ohio
- PRP Injections, Stem Cell Therapy Injections, Ozone Treatment, IV Hydration Therapy
- Primary Care Sports Medicine - Grant Medical Center
Hobbies / Sports
- Strength Training, Basketball, Golf, Tennis
Dr. Gayan Poovendran, MD, CAQ's Practice location
Miami Beach, FL 33139Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Gayan Poovendran, MD, CAQ | Sports Medicine Specialist | Sports Medicine
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Gayan Poovendran, MD, CAQ's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Poovendran
- How is Frostbite Treated?
How is Frostbite Treated?Frostbite is a cold-related condition in which tissue freezes when the body is exposed to temperatures below the freezing point of the skin. Hands, feet, the nose, and ears are most commonly affected by this condition. Frostbite can affect almost anybody, but some have a...
- Alternative Treatments for Sepsis
Sepsis is caused by a bacterial infection that can begin anywhere in our body. Our immune system goes into overdrive, creating turmoil in the normal processes of our blood circulation. As a result, very small blood clots form, blocking the blood flow to vital organs. This can lead to organ failure,...
- Shin Splints: What Is RICE?
he pain caused by the overuse of the shinbone, which is the large front bone in the lower leg, is known as a shin splint. Shin splints are usually characterized by pain in the inner part of the shin bone or the tibia. Shin splints are also known as medial tibial stress syndrome (MTSS). This...
- Does My Diet Raise My Risk for Appendicitis?
Many people pay little to no attention to the appendix. In fact, the appendix is probably the least studied organ in the body. The case can be confirmed by the fact that even in today’s highly advanced doctors and scientists, they still do not know the exact role of the appendix.The Role and...
- Does Kinesiology Tape Work?
What is a kinesiology tape?Most people would recognize kinesiology tapes as bright-colored tapes with fascinating configurations. A kinesiology tape is a thin and stretchy fabric made from cotton or nylon blend. This stretchy fabric is backed up with an adhesive, which is made from hypoallergenic...
- What Are Shin Splints?
Shin splints or medial tibial syndrome refers to the throbbing ache felt along the shin bone in the lower leg. It often resolves on its own without any medical intervention. Severe forms of this condition may have a significant impact on a person’s day-to-day activities. Shin splints are...
- Dr. Jesse A. Morse M.D.3915 Biscayne Blvd Miami FL 33137
- Kristopher J.S. Goddard D.O.3915 BISCAYNE BLVD STE 406 MIAMI FL 33137
- Dr. Frantz R. Lerebours M.D.8940 N Kendall Dr Miami FL 33176
- Dr. Gautam Pratap Yagnik MD1150 Campo Sano Ave Miami FL 33146
- Dr. Michael Swartzon MD1150 CAMPO SANO AVE CORAL GABLES FL 33146
- Dr. Brad Kenneth Cohen M.D.20601 E Dixie Hwy Miami FL 33180