Dr. James Knoepp is a general surgeon practicing in Alexandria, LA. Dr. Knoepp specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Knoepp provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Tulane Univ Sch of Med, New Orleans La 1971
Tulane University of Louisiana 1971
Tulane University School of Medicine 1971
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
Thoracic SurgeryAmerican Board of Thoracic SurgeryABTS
- Temporary monocular blindness associated with acute carotid thrombosis: a case report.
- Effects of forest management on soil carbon: results of some long-term resampling studies.
- Complex multiple percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasties with vortex oxygenator cardiopulmonary support in the community hospital setting.
- Med Ctr La New Orleans-Lsu, General Surgery
- Tulane University 1972
Dr. James Driscoll Knoepp MD's Practice location
Alexandria, LA 71301Get Direction
Dr. James Driscoll Knoepp MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is An Anal Fissurectomy?
An anal fissurectomy is a surgery that may be used for curing anal fissures. The procedure involves an incision in the sphincter muscles which control one's anal opening. It is normally the recommended surgery for treating tears or cracks that develop inside the distal canal (passageway) where waste...
- Laparoscopy and Infertility
LaparoscopyA laparoscopy is a surgical procedure, which allows doctors to examine your abdominal organs. In females, their fallopian tubes, uterus, and ovaries are found in the pelvic region, which is at the bottom of the abdomen. The procedure uses a laparoscope to visualize the abdominal organs....
- What Is an Umbilical Hernia Surgery?
An umbilical hernia operation is a surgical procedure that repairs an umbilical hernia issue. A hernia is a protrusion that usually appears in the abdomen. The bulging effect is due to the intestines or bowels trying to push their way out of the abdominal walls via the weak spots. Although commonly...
- 5 Tips to Avoid Hernia
Causes of HerniaOther than umbilical hernia, all other types of hernia occur at a later stage in life. Hernia is usually caused due to weak abdominal walls. Part of the organs tends to protrude through the weakened spot of the abdominal wall. There are various reasons due to which the abdominal...
- Everything You Need to Know About Gallbladder Surgery
Open gallbladder removal, also known as open cholecystectomy, is a surgical operation removing the gallbladder. The objective of the procedure is to offer permanent relief from gallbladder-related problems such as gallstones. During the surgery, a large incision is made in the abdomen and used to...
- Reasons Why You Need a Laparoscopy
Laparoscopy involves the inspection of the abdominal organs or the female pelvic organs through the use of a thin, lighted tube that is inserted through an incision made in the belly. It is used to locate complications such as adhesions, cysts, infections, and fibroids. The tube used in the...
- Dr. James N Parrish MD3311 Prescott Rd Alexandria LA 71301
- Dr. Ihor Andrew Zakaluzny MD803 S Ponderosa St Payson AZ 85541
- Dr. Richard F. Norem M.D.301 4th St Alexandria LA 71301
- Dr. John Michael Mcginity M.D.2129 Jackson St Alexandria LA 71301
- Dr. Jyoti B Ganji MD3311 Prescott Rd Alexandria LA 71301
- Dr. Robert C Smith MD2908 Jackson St Alexandria LA 71301