Michael J. Bamshad, MD, is professor in the Department of Pediatrics and adjunct professor of genome sciences at the University of Washington. His laboratory addresses the origins and affinities of humans, ...
Education and Training
University of Pennsylvania, PA 1989
Medical GeneticsAmerican Board of Medical GeneticsABMG
- The distribution of human genetic diversity: a comparison of mitochondrial, autosomal, and Y-chromosome data.
- Patterns of ancestral human diversity: an analysis of Alu-insertion and restriction-site polymorphisms.
- Clinical analysis of families with heart, midline, and laterality defects.
- Population genomics: a bridge from evolutionary history to genetic medicine.
- DNA sequence variation in a 3.7-kb noncoding sequence 5' of the CYP1A2 gene: implications for human population history and natural selection.
- Human population genetic structure and inference of group membership.
- Expressivity of Holt-Oram syndrome is not predicted by TBX5 genotype.
- Comprehensive analysis of Alu-associated diversity on the human sex chromosomes.
- Does race exist?
- Natural selection and molecular evolution in PTC, a bitter-taste receptor gene.
- NIPBL, encoding a homolog of fungal Scc2-type sister chromatid cohesion proteins and fly Nipped-B, is mutated in Cornelia de Lange syndrome.
- Cornelia de Lange syndrome is caused by mutations in NIPBL, the human homolog of Drosophila melanogaster Nipped-B.
- Familial aggregation of juvenile idiopathic arthritis.
- Contrasting effects of natural selection on human and chimpanzee CC chemokine receptor 5.
- Large-scale SNP analysis reveals clustered and continuous patterns of human genetic variation.
- Bea Fowlow Award in Medical Genetics 2011 University of Calgary
- Pediatrics, University of Utah Medical Center, Salt Lake City
- University of Utah Affiliated Hospitals
- University of Utah Program
Michael J Bamshad's Practice location
Seattle, WA 98105Get Direction
Michael J Bamshad's reviewsWrite Review
- The Most Common Misconceptions About Breast Cancer
There is so much information you can read online about breast cancer. Some information may be acquired in the community, friends, or family that is totally misleading or incorrect. Although not backed up with solid evidence, such information can cause a lot of media attention, which can further...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Is Pancreatic Cancer Genetic?
Is Pancreatic Cancer Genetic?Cancer is caused by a change in your genetic sequence. Genes are responsible for designing your body. Any alteration at that level will alter your body patterns.Cancer is an uncontrolled production of abnormal cells. Usually new cells are formed when your body needs...
- What Is Pituitary Dwarfism?
IntroductionPituitary dwarfism, also called growth hormone deficiency, is a medical condition wherein the pituitary gland does not produce sufficient amounts of growth hormone. This deficiency often results in children’s slow growth or short stature.An adult with pituitary dwarfism has an average...
- The Function and Structure of DNA
Deoxyribonucleic acid or DNA is a molecule that contains the instructions an organism needs to develop, live and reproduce. These instructions are found inside every cell and are passed down from parents to their children.The Structure of DNADNA contains molecules called nucleotides, which possess a...
- Ian A Glass Other4800 Sand Point Way Ne Seattle WA 98105
- Anne V Hing Other4800 Sand Point Way Ne Seattle WA 98105
- Dr. Christina Laukaitis MD1959 Ne Pacific St Seattle WA 98195
- Marshall Scott Horwitz OtherUniversity Of Washington Medical Ctr Seattle WA 98195
- Dr. Heather C Mefford MD, PHD1959 Ne Pacific St Seattle WA 98195
- Dr. Gail P Jarvik M.D., PH.D.University Of Washington Medical Ctr Seattle WA 98195