Dr. Julie Monroe is a hematologist oncologist practicing in White Plains, NY. Dr. Monroe specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Ny And Presby Hosp, Hematology/Oncology; Ny And Presby Hosp, Internal Medicine
Dr. Julie A Monroe MD's Practice location
White Plains, NY 10601Get Direction
YONKERS, NY 10710Get Direction
Dr. Julie A Monroe MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Facts About Multiple Myeloma
Multiple myeloma is a certain form of cancer of the plasma cell, which is part of the immune system. It initiates in the bone marrow, where the blood cells are produced.The immune system is made of variety of cells that fight infections and keep the body healthy. What takes place in bone marrow...
- Stem Cell Therapy Puts 4-year-old's Ultra Rare Lymphoma in Remission
4-year-old Jovon Moss was diagnosed with X-linked Lymphoproliferative Syndrome, a rare disorder of the immune system that led him to being taken back and forth to the hospital since his 3rd birthday.Jovon’s journey began in September of last year, when his mother, Brittany Fluellen, first began to...
- AstraZeneca Gains United States Approval for Lymphoma Drug
Some forms of lymphoma are rarer than others. Most people can recognize Hodgkin lymphoma, but mantle cell lymphoma will strike them as a surprise.Because it is so rare, there are not as many drugs specific to this form of cancer. One has recently been approved in the United States, by the Food and...
- 9/11 Ground Zero Worker's Lymphoma Improves with Clinical Trial
When the terrorist attacks occurred in New York on September 11th, 2001, Bart Zagami, a 61-year-old New York State Supreme Court officer, was in his office just a few blocks away from the World Trade Center in lower Manhattan. Days after the 9/11 terrorist attacks, Zagami spent his time at Ground...
- Living as a Hodgkin Lymphoma Survivor: Creating a New Normal
No one can ever truly be prepared for what it is like to live with cancer. Even the strongest survivors face setbacks, and some of the fiercest warriors share their stories of how they find their "new normals."Kimberly's storyWhen she was only 25, just five days before her wedding, Kimberly felt a...
- Inspirational Blood Cancer Survivors
Different forms of blood cancer are responsible for claiming the third most lives out of all the types of cancer. Additionally, there are currently no known preventative treatments for blood cancers, and the disease also impacts children and young people more than any other form of cancer.When it...
- Dr. Hal Gerstein MD225 Community Drive Great Neck New York 11021
- Dr. Evan Vosburgh MD800 Howard Ave New Haven CT 06519
- Brian H. Kim350 Engle Street Englewood New Jersey 7631
- Dr. Muhammad I. Kafeel M.D.1 Brookdale Plz Brooklyn NY 11212
- Dr. Jonathan D Schwartz MD1190 5th Avenue Guggenheim Pavill New York NY 10029
- Dr. Ari Leonard Ginsberg M.D.2001 Marcus Avenue New Hyde Park NY 11042