Dr. John Heinzerling practices Radiation Oncology in Roanoke, VA. Radiation oncology is a medical specialty that involves treating cancer with radiation. Dr. Heinzerling specializes in treating cancer with radiation, using radiation therapy to treat a wide variety of cancers. Radiation therapy uses carefully targeted and regulated doses of high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells.
Education and Training
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center Southwestern Medical School 2007
- Bowel perforation from bevacizumab for the treatment of metastatic colon cancer: incidence, etiology, and management.
- Four-dimensional computed tomography scan analysis of tumor and organ motion at varying levels of abdominal compression during stereotactic treatment of lung and liver.
- Stereotactic body radiation therapy: evaluation of setup accuracy and targeting methods for a new couch integrated immobilization system.
- Novel radiotherapy approaches for lung cancer: combining radiation therapy with targeted and immunotherapies.
- Prostate Cancer
- Throat Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Esophageal Cancer
- Aerolase® Technologies
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
Dr. John Henry Heinzerling M.D.'s Practice location
Roanoke, VA 24014Get Direction
Charlotte, NC 28204Get Direction
Dr. John Henry Heinzerling M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- All About Radiation Treatment for Breast Cancer
Continuous advancements in diagnostic and treatment methods have made breast cancer go from being a death sentence to being something that can be treated effectively for many women. Generally, breast cancer treatment falls into the categories of surgery, chemotherapy, biologic therapies, and...
- What Medications Are Used for Prostate Cancer?
Prostate cancer treatments can be administered to cure cancer or to manage or alleviate its symptoms. There are several ways of treating prostate cancer and the treatment options depend on various factors such as:...
- What Is Recovery Like for Radiation Therapy?
After undergoing radiation therapy, the patient will be instructed on what to do, the appointments to keep, and everything they will need to know to make a full and safe recovery. Recovery usually depends on a lot of factors, but the following are some of the important ones:...
- Bone Health Drugs for Breast Cancer
Like any other drug or therapy, breast cancer treatment also has its own side effects. One of the side effects of breast cancer treatment is rapid bone loss leading to osteoporosis. The following are treatments for breast cancer that can significantly cause bone loss:...
- What Are the Risks of Radiation Therapy?
Radiation therapy is a type of cancer treatment that uses radiation to destroy the tumor. During the treatment, forms of radiation such as gamma rays or x-rays are used. It is one of the most employed means of treating cancer due to its effectiveness. In the treatment of cancer, it can be used as...
- What Is Stage 4 Bladder Cancer?
Stage 4 bladder cancer is a bladder cancer that has spread through the bladder wall. In this stage, cancer has also invaded the lymph nodes, abdominal wall, and other body organs. This type of cancer is also known as "metastatic" bladder cancer.Stage 4 bladder cancer applies to bladder cancer that...