Dr. Dwight Owens is a psychiatrist practicing in Atlanta, GA. Dr. Owens is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Owens diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Owens may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Owens treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Syracuse, Coll of Med, Syracuse Ny 1994
Upstate Medical University/ College of Health Professions 1994
State University of New York Upstate Medical University 1994
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Bipolar Disorder
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (ptsd)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Adjustment Disorder
- Emory Univ Sch Of Med, Forensic Psychiatry; U Hosp-Suny Hlth Sci Ctr, Psychiatry; Med Ctr Of Central Ga, Family Medicine
- Emory University School Of Med
- University Hospital - SUNY at Stony Brook Program
Mr. Dwight Antonio Owens M.D.'s Practice location
Atlanta, GA 30309Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Mr. Dwight Antonio Owens M.D. | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Mr. Dwight Antonio Owens M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Owens
- Managing Anxiety Disorder Using BuSpar
What is anxiety?Anxiety is a general term that is often used to refer to disorders among individuals that cause nervousness, fear, stress, and worrying. These traits often impact human behavior and can turn into real physical symptoms. Mild anxiety is temporary and vague. However, anxiety that turns...
- How to Know if Your Child Has ADHD
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is one of those complex mental disorders that can negatively affect a child’s success in education and the relationship with other children. ADHD symptoms usually vary and are sometimes hard to be recognized since most children will exhibit them at...
- What Is Valproic Acid?
Generic Name: Valproic AcidBrand Name: Valproate Sodium, Depacon, Depakene, StavzorIntroductionValproic acid is an anticonvulsant that works by restoring or increasing the level of certain chemicals in the brain. This medication can be used alone or in combination with other types of seizure...
- Intellectual Disability in Children: Know the Signs
Intellectual DisabilityIntellectual disability (ID), formerly called as mental retardation, is a type of developmental disability, in which individuals have certain limitations in their intellectual functioning and adaptive behavior. People with ID have difficulty learning, communicating, solving...
- Can ADHD Occur in Adulthood?
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) doesn’t just occur in children. It can also occur during adulthood. Actually, it has been estimated that about 70% of adults continue to struggle with ADHD. In other cases, adults who have never been diagnosed with ADHD during their childhood days...
- Dr. RICHARD HUNTER MD3583 Dumbarton Rd Nw Atlanta GA 30327
- Scott Patterson76 Paces West Court North West Atlanta Georgia 30327
- Dr. Jeffrey L. Rausch MD4233 Pleasant Hill Rd Duluth GA 30096
- Dr. Angel Luis Perez MD1365 Clifton Rd Ne Atlanta GA 30322
- Dr. Scott Firestone MD550 Peachtree Street Atlanta Georgia 30308
- Dr. Elizabeth Boswell M.D.1355 Peachtree St Ne Atlanta GA 30309