Dr. Linda Spollen is a pathologist practicing in Columbia, MO. Dr. Spollen is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Spollen can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Spollen may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Education and Training
Univ of Ks Sch of Med, Kansas City Ks 1975
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP
- Hereditary neuropathy with liability to pressure palsy: fulminant development with axonal loss during military training.
- Pigmented villonodular synovitis presenting as a subcutaneous mass at the knee.
- Cellular and tissue localization of globotriaosylceramide in Fabry disease.
- Cervical neurenteric fistula causing recurrent meningitis in Klippel-Feil sequence: case report and literature review.
- Pulse granuloma presenting as a facial mass.
- Intrasellar vascular malformation mimicking a pituitary macroadenoma.
- Univ Iowa Hosps & Clinics, Neuropathology; Univ Hosps & Clinics, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology
Dr. Linda E Spollen MD's Practice location
Columbia, MO 65212Get Direction
Dr. Linda E Spollen MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- Are There Vaccines Available For Cholera?
What Is Cholera?Cholera is an infectious disease that affects mostly the intestines, but causes complications to the rest of the body. Once a person suffers from cholera, the first parts of the body to be affected are the intestines. It is an infection caused by a bacteria known as the Vibrio...
- What Is Prostate Cancer: Get the Facts
Cancer has become one of the most dangerous infections in the world. Various medical researches have shown that cancer problems have increased drastically over the last few weeks. These infections have posed a big threat to the community since most of them require serious treatment. The treatment is...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Dr. Michael D Curry M.D. PHD200 Portland St Columbia MO 65201
- Dr. John Charles Lance DDS3015 S PROVIDENCE RD COLUMBIA MO 65203
- Dr. Steven Haas M.D.200 Portland St Columbia MO 65201
- Dr. Jiafan Liu MD1 Hospital Dr Columbia MO 65212
- Dr. Ariel Goldschmidt M.D.Ma215 Medical Sciences Building Columbia MO 65212
- Dr. Gordon Sharp MD1 Hospital Dr Columbia MO 65212