Dr. Linda E Spollen MD
Pathologist | Anatomic Pathology & Clinical PathologyOne Hospital Dr Columbia MO, 65212
Dr. Linda Spollen is a pathologist practicing in Columbia, MO. Dr. Spollen is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Spollen can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Spollen may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Education and Training
Univ of Ks Sch of Med, Kansas City Ks 1975
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Hereditary neuropathy with liability to pressure palsy: fulminant development with axonal loss during military training.
- Pigmented villonodular synovitis presenting as a subcutaneous mass at the knee.
- Cellular and tissue localization of globotriaosylceramide in Fabry disease.
- Cervical neurenteric fistula causing recurrent meningitis in Klippel-Feil sequence: case report and literature review.
- Pulse granuloma presenting as a facial mass.
- Intrasellar vascular malformation mimicking a pituitary macroadenoma.
Dr. Linda E Spollen MD's Practice location
Columbia, MO 65212Get Direction
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- Alternative Treatments for Cholera
Alternative Treatments for CholeraCholera is one of the most dangerous infectious diseases around the world, occurring mostly in Africa and other areas with a similar climate. The infection is mostly found in areas with extraordinarily high populations and poor sanitation services.Cholera is caused...
- 5 Tips on Living with Mononucleosis
People with the mononucleosis (or mono) infection can live perfectly normal lives by doing what is best for them during their period of affliction. In this review, I have outlined the most essential tips on living with mononucleosis. In choosing these tips, the emphasis was focused on the well-being...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Dr. Michael D Curry M.D. PHD200 Portland St Columbia MO 65201
- Dr. John Charles Lance DDS3015 S PROVIDENCE RD COLUMBIA MO 65203
- Dr. Jiafan Liu MD1 Hospital Dr Columbia MO 65212
- Dr. Steven Haas M.D.200 Portland St Columbia MO 65201
- Dr. Ariel Goldschmidt M.D.Ma215 Medical Sciences Building Columbia MO 65212
- Dr. Dava Sue Cleveland DO1 Hospital Dr Columbia MO 65212