Dr. Michael Hart is a Neuropsychiatrist practicing in Madison, WI. Dr. Hart studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats mental disorders attributable to diseases of the nervous system. Neuropsychiatrists are trained to treat disorders occurring in patients due to irritability, attention deficit disorder, epilepsy, and many other conditions.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ca- Davis- Sch Of Med- Davis Ca 1990
Medical College of Wisconsin 1965
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- Activated/effector CD4+ T cells exacerbate acute damage in the central nervous system following traumatic injury.
- A small population of vasculitogenic T cells expands and has skewed T cell receptor usage after culture with syngeneic smooth muscle cells.
- Traumatic brain injury increases TGF beta RII expression on endothelial cells.
- 2007 Awards for Meritorious Contributions to Neuropathology.
- Atlas of Gross Neuropathology: A Practical Approach.
- Ventura Co Med Ctr, Family Medicine
- LETTERMAN GENERAL HOSPITAL
Dr. Michael N Hart MD's Practice location
Dr. Michael N Hart MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Female Circumcision?
What Is Female Circumcision?Female circumcision is a crude practice that involves cutting off of either the labia or the clitoris of young women. The practice is also referred to as female genital mutilation or female genital cutting.This is a practice that has existed for decades in some...
- What is Type 2 Diabetes?
What is diabetes?Diabetes mellitus, commonly called the sugar diabetes, is a metabolic disorder characterized by hyperglycemia (surplus amount of glucose in the bloodstream), glycosuria (excess sugar in urine), ketonuria (excess amount of ketones in urine) and ketonemia (abnormal presence of ketones...
- How to Prevent Cold Sores
Cold sores are small blisters that start with itching, tingling, or a burning sensation around the mouth. After a day or two, fluid-filled blisters will appear. The sores are commonly seen on the edges of the lower lip.The herpes simplex virus or HSV is the main cause of cold sores. The virus...
- What is a Transient Ischemic Attack?
Also considered as a mini stroke, a transient ischemic attack (TIA) has symptoms similar to that of a stroke, but lasting only for a short period of time, without causing any permanent damage. TIA is often caused by the interruption of blood flow to the brain by a blood clot. Once the blood flow is...
- What Is Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus?
Normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH) is a type of brain disorder, wherein excess cerebrospinal fluid builds up in the ventricles of the brain. It causes problems in reasoning, thinking, difficulty in walking, and loss of bladder control.Brains ventricles are hollow fluid-filled chambers. Even...
- Tips On Living With Epilepsy
Get to Know Your EpilepsyEpilepsy can affect people at any point in their life. There’s no specific race or gender that have a higher incidence rate of epilepsy. Until now, there was no single cause of epilepsy. The causes of epilepsy range from head injuries to birth defects to tumors and...