Dr. Karen Choong MD
Endocrinology-Diabetes | Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism88 E Newton St Evans 201 Boston MA, 02118
Dr. Karen Choong practices Endocrinology in Boston, MA. Dr. Choong specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases related to hormone imbalance, and the bodys glands in the endocrine system. Endocrinologists are trained and certified to treat a variety of conditions, including menopause, diabetes, infertility, and thyroid disorders, among many others. Dr. Choong examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses, and decides the best treatment methods.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Boston Medical Center, Fellow:Endocrinology 2007
- Boston Medical Center, Fellow:Endocrinology 2009
- Boston Medical Center, Fellow:Endocrinology, Diabetes, & Metabolism 2009
Dr. Karen Choong MD's Practice location
Boston, MA 02118Get Direction
NORWELL, MA 02061Get Direction
Dr. Karen Choong MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Choong
- Can Aspirin Lower the Risk of Diabetes?
Diabetes alone already brings so many difficulties, not only to the person that has it but also to the family of the patient. The high blood sugar levels happening when a person has diabetes is because of insufficient insulin production or the cells that are not responding well to insulin. The most...
- Hyperthyroidism vs. Hypothyroidism
The human body is remarkably complex and involves a synergy of numerous body organs to function properly. Among the little-known organs is the thyroid, found just below the Adam’s apple. It is tiny but it plays a major role in the body. Its function is to synthesize iodine to produce thyroxine...
- What Is Neuropathy?
Disorders that arise due to peripheral nervous system damage are referred to as peripheral neuropathy or simply neuropathy. Peripheral nerves are the nerves that connect the brain and spinal cord to different parts of the body. These nerves innervate different organs of our body, including the skin,...
- Alternative Treatments for Hypothyroidism
Hypothyroidism refers to the medical condition in which the thyroid gland is unable to produce an adequate amount of hormones. These hormones are extremely important in various body functions. Low levels of thyroid hormone may result in the characteristic symptoms of hypothyroidism. This condition...
- Sitting at Work May Contribute to Chronic Health Problems Including Diabetes
According to a new study, sitting and commuting for a long durations can be dangerous, just like smoking. The study involved 2,000 people who were asked in the AXA Healthcare survey about their schedule per day. Those who said that they sat at work spend up to nine hours per day sitting. The time...
- 7 Tips to Keep Patients Exercising with Type 2 Diabetes
When you are first diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, you are determined to take all the necessary steps and control it. You vow that you will exercise, and that you will follow the recommendations of your doctors. Unfortunately, just like many resolutions, you may not actually keep them. ...
- Meryl S. Leboff221 Longwood Ave Boston MA 2115
- Dr. Ronald Alfred Arky MD221 Longwood Avenue Boston MA 02115
- Dr. John E. Buster MD800 Washington St. Boston Massachusetts 02111
- Dr. Tonslyn Toure MD80 E Concord St Boston MA 02118
- Dr. Abby B. Landzberg MD541 Main St South Weymouth MA 02190
- Dr. Shun-how Lee MD571 Union Ave Framingham MA 01702