Dr. Tony R. Vancauwelaert M.D.
Adolescent Specialist | Adolescent Medicine2740 W Foster Ave Suite 214 Chicago IL, 60625
Dr. Tony Vancauwelaert is an adolescent specialist practicing in Chicago, IL. Dr. Vancauwelaert works with patients who are in the adolescent age, or generally between the ages of 11 and 19 years old. As an adolescent-specialist, Dr. Vancauwelaert treats many common health issues that pre-teens and teenagers face, from mental, to behavioral, to physical conditions. Some of these issues may include growth and hormone problems, sports injuries, eating disorders, substance abuse and more. Adolescent specialists perform medical exams, histories and diagnostic tests, and develop individualized treatment plans for each patient.
Education and Training
Univ of Il Coll of Med, Chicago Il 1993
University of Illinois College of Medicine 1993
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM- Adolescent Medicine
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Disease
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Vascular Disease
- Member Swedish Covenant Medical Group
- Swedish Covenant Hosp, Family Medicine; Swedish Covenant Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Swedish Covenant Hospital
- Swedish Covenant Hospital Program
Dr. Tony R. Vancauwelaert M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Tony R. Vancauwelaert M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Vancauwelaert
- What Is a Stent?
A stent is an expandable metal tube that is used to treat weak arteries. These stents help in opening up arteries that are narrowed down by the accumulation of plaques. Implantation of the tube helps in reducing the constriction of blood flow in the affected region. The metal mesh is implanted...
- Diagnosing Pneumonia
Pneumonia is a serious lung infection that can be caused by bacteria, viruses, or fungi. It is a common disease, especially among the elderly and bed-ridden patients. Although it is quite serious, it can be easily treated....
- Ed Asner Discusses Son and Grandson’s Autism
Seven-time Emmy award-winning actor and voice artist, Ed Asner, admitted that he did not see the signs that his youngest son, Charlie, had autism. The signs that others seemed to have noticed, including difficulty fitting in, lack of empathy, and lack of certain lagging skills. “I really found a...
- Light Drinking May Not Harm Babies
New research shows that a pregnant mother drinking up to two glasses of alcohol may not harm the children. About 11,500 mothers and their children participated in this study. Researchers collected data regarding the drinking habits of the mothers when the kids were about 9 months old. When the...
- Tips to Get Rid of Your Eye Bags
Under eye bags and circles are very common concerns among women. Most of us would have dealt with any one of these during different times in our lives. Cleansing with cold water or using a concealer seems to be the solution for most of us to control these two, but there is more to understand about...
- Treatments for Mononucleosis
There exist many symptoms that make the mononucleosis disease similar to other diseases, which makes it very difficult to distinguish it from other infections. Doctors administer treatment of the patient by giving him or her a physical test. This annual test checks out the patient's medical history....
- Dr. Tram L Luu M.D.1030 N Clark St Chicago IL 60610
- Dr. Margo Antoinette Bell M.D.1901 W Harrison St Chicago IL 60612
- Dr. Julie Herst Goynshor MD1345 Wiley Rd Schaumburg IL 60173
- Dr. Mary Elizabeth Fournier MD2300 N Childrens Plz Chicago IL 60614
- Dr. Michael Charles Caughron M.D.2501 Compass Rd Glenview IL 60026
- Dr. Cari Anne Tarnowski D.O.1030 N Clark St Chicago IL 60610