Dr. Lisa R. Fortuna, MD, MPH
Adolescent Psychiatrist | Child & Adolescent Psychiatry1493 Cambridge St Cambridge MA, 02139
Dr. Lisa Fortuna practices Child & Adolescent Psychiatry in Cambridge, MA. Dr. Fortuna evaluates patients throughout childhood and adolescence using many different procedures, in order to determine what treatments must be carried out in order to properly assess their symptoms. Child & Adolescent Psychiatrists are trained and certified to administer psychotherapy, medication, and many other means of treatment. Dr. Fortuna seeks to improve each patients quality of life.
Education and Training
Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch- Newark Nj 1996
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Why do so many latina teens attempt suicide? A conceptual model for research.
- Prevalence and correlates of lifetime suicidal ideation and suicide attempts among Latino subgroups in the United States.
- Political violence, psychosocial trauma, and the context of mental health services use among immigrant Latinos in the United States.
- A qualitative study of clinicians' use of the cultural formulation model in assessing posttraumatic stress disorder.
- A systematic review of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual diagnostic criteria for nicotine dependence.
- Retention in depression treatment among ethnic and racial minority groups in the United States.
- Childhood trauma and psychiatric disorders as correlates of school dropout in a national sample of young adults.
- Distal and Proximal Religiosity as Protective Factors for Adolescent and Emerging Adult Alcohol Use.
- Posttraumatic Stress Symptoms and their Relationship to Drug and Alcohol use in an International Sample of Latino Immigrants.
- Mental health, migration stressors and suicidal ideation among Latino immigrants in Spain and the United States.
- A treatment development study of a cognitive and mindfulness-based therapy for adolescents with co-occurring post-traumatic stress and substance use disorder.
Dr. Lisa R. Fortuna, MD, MPH's Practice location
Cambridge, MA 02139Get Direction
San Francisco, CA 94110Get Direction
BOSTON, MA 02118Get Direction
- 5 Tips For Parenting an Anxious Child
As children grow, they go through several emotional and mental transformations. Some children become too shy to confront another person, while others become too mischievous. However, it becomes difficult for parents to determine their children’s behavior when they react unexpectedly to a...
- Learning About the Beck Depression Inventory
Depression and AnxietyDepression and anxiety are disorders that are different from each other, but people suffering from depression often have symptoms that closely resemble those of anxiety. The disorder, in fact, starts out as anxiety, and if not treated at the right time with the right diagnosis,...
- Recognizing Anxiety Disorders In Children
It’s sometimes difficult to understand your kids and their behavior. One moment they are happy and the next moment, they seem sad or irritated. Well, this kind of innocent behavior in children can be considered normal under certain conditions, but not always. For example, anxiety is useful and...
- What Causes Eating Disorders
An eating disorder is usually classified as any one of a broad range of psychological disorders, but more specifically ones that demonstrate eating habits that are abnormal or absurd. The most common eating disorders are anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge-eating disorder. Anorexia refers...
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- What Behaviors Indicate Binge Eating Disorder?
Knowing the warning signs of an eating disorder is important, since the early detection of an existing or developing eating disorder will give a sufferer the help he or she needs sooner. Detecting the warning signs may not always be easy. When someone has an eating disorder, they usually feel...
- Dr. Jacob Venter MD1493 Cambridge St Cambridge MA 02139
- Dr. Ruth Liberfarb MD PHD55 Montrose St Newton MA 02458
- Dr. Kathleen Lentz M.D.70a Junction Square Dr Concord MA 01742
- Dr. Michael W Tsappis M.D.372 WASHINGTON ST WELLESLEY MA 02481
- Dr. Joseph Biederman MD55 Fruit St Boston MA 02114
- Dr. Smita Srivastava MD750 Washington St Boston MA 02111