Dr. Pamela Trapane is a pediatrician practicing in Iowa City, IA. Dr. Trapane is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Trapane diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Trapane can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Education and Training
The University of Texas School of Medicine at San Antonio 1996
Medical GeneticsAmerican Board of Medical GeneticsABMG
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Birth Defects
Dr. Pamela L Trapane MD's Practice location
Iowa City, IA 52242Get Direction
JACKSONVILLE, FL 32207Get Direction
Dr. Pamela L Trapane MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Trapane
- What Is the Babinski Reflex?
Reflexes Seen in NewbornsMuch of a baby's activity during the first few weeks of life is reflexive. When you put your finger in your baby's mouth, your baby would automatically suck on it by reflex. Your baby would not think of what to do but rather respond according to reflexes. When exposed to a...
- Obese Children Can Reduce Their Risk for Heart Disease
In a new study, researchers analyzed data from four different studies to see if childhood obesity results in an increased risk of heart disease and other health problems. Results of the study, published in The New England Journal of Medicine, showed that obese children who cut down weight and reach...
- Is It a Mistake to Give Melatonin to Children with Autism?
Dr. David Clark, the Director of the Center for Autism Recovery in Dallas, TX believes that it is a mistake to give melatonin to children with autism.Melatonin has received recent attention for helping people get to sleep easier. It is made by a gland in the brain that seems to elicit sleep hormones...
- What if I Do Not Want My Child to Undergo MMR Vaccination?
The MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella) vaccine is recommended for all children as it is the safest, most effective way to protect children against three diseases that can have serious, even fatal, consequences. Measles is a highly contagious viral infection whose initial symptoms include fever,...
- Brown Rice Syrup Can Increase Your Risk for Different Medical Conditions
Organic brown rice syrup may increase the risk of heart disease and cancer due to the increase of arsenic in the body, according to researchers. Brown rice syrup is a very popular sweetener for many individual's who must eat gluten free. Adding this syrup to any food or beverage may increase levels...
- The Autism and Vaccine Debate
There has been a heated debate across the US on whether vaccines could be potentially damaging to children. Some have strong opinions on this subject, but as always, people are encouraged to understand the facts to help them come to their own conclusions.This article is not meant to change...
- Dr. Tameem Shoukih M.D.1200 Pleasant Street Des Moines Iowa 50309
- Dr. Angela M Oconnor MD2817 New Pinery Rd Portage WI 53901
- Dr. Marguerite Henry Oetting M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Paolin Elizabeth Chi M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Stephen J Randall M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Sharon G Berkowitz M.D.809 Ridge Rd E Rochester NY 14621