Dr. Jeffery M Smith M.D.
Hand Surgeon | Hand Surgery304 W Hay St Suite 215 Decatur IL, 62526
Dr. Jeffery Smith is a hand surgeon practicing in Decatur, IL. Dr. Smith specializes in caring for hand, wrist and forearm problems without the option of surgery unless necessary. Many hand surgeons are also experts in diagnosing and caring for shoulder and elbow problems and tend to suggest non-surgical treatments such as hand therapy or physical therapy.
Education and Training
Univ of Ut Sch of Med, Salt Lake Cty Ut 1991
University of Utah School of Medicine 1991
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- Akt phosphorylates HK-II at Thr-473 and increases mitochondrial HK-II association to protect cardiomyocytes.
- Hexokinase-II positively regulates glucose starvation-induced autophagy through TORC1 inhibition.
- Pattern recognition receptor immunomodulation of innate immunity as a strategy to limit the impact of influenza virus.
- Trigger Finger
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Ganglion Cyst
- Univ Of Wa Sch Of Med, Hand Surgery-Orthopedic Surgery; Spectrum Hlth-Blodgett Campus, Orthopedic Surgery; Spectrum Hlth-Butterworth Camp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Jeffery M Smith M.D.'s Practice location
Decatur, IL 62526Get Direction
Dr. Jeffery M Smith M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Smith
- How Quercetin Works: Health Benefits of Quercetin
Quercetin is a flavonoid antioxidant found in plant foods. It is found in leafy vegetables, tomatoes, broccoli, and berries. Quercetin is actually a plant pigment. In the human diet, quercetin is one of the most abundant antioxidants. It destroys free radicals, and thus, fights against aging and...
- Leadership is Key to a Successful Nurse Residency Program
Strong leadership is the lifeline to the survival of any organization or program, and this is especially true with regard to nurse residency programs.An overview of a nurse residency programA nurse residency program provides the hands-on experience for a newly graduated RN. The rationale is very...
- Can Adults Get Jaundice?
Jaundice is a condition wherein your skin and eyes turn yellowish. Newborns often manifest this type of skin discoloration but adults can also get it. If you think the symptoms you’re having are related to jaundice, be sure to seek medical attention right away. It could be liver, gallbladder, or...
- Pulse Oximeter Use for Patients with COPD
Pulse oximeters measure the pulse rate of an individual, which is usually marked by a small heart. This is the first number that appears while using a pulse oximeter. It also measures the proportion of oxygenated hemoglobin in the blood within pulsating vessels. This determines the level of oxygen...
- Reasons Why You Need Carpal Tunnel Surgery
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a tingling, numbness, or weakness in the hands due to pressure on the Median nerve that is located in the wrist. Whenever you are faced with this challenge, you will be in discomfort after it progresses into the later stages. This is a condition that arises from stress...
- What is HIV: Get the Facts
Over the course of our four million or so years of evolution, we humans have developed a highly-specialized immune system that is quite a warrior in combating infections. We are bombarded daily by bacterial and viral pathogens which have the potential to cause us serious illness, but, completely...