Dr. Ajoke Ajayi Akintade M.D.
Neurologist (Pediatric) | Neurodevelopmental Disabilities1708 W Rogers Ave Baltimore MD, 21209
Dr. Ajoke Akintade is a child neurologist practicing in Baltimore, MD. Dr. Akintade specializes in diagnosing and treating disorders of the nervous system in children from birth to young adulthood. With combined understanding of childhood illness and the special needs of each individual child and their family, Dr. Akintade is able to help each patient improve the status of their health. Conditions such as seizures, delayed speech, weakness or frequent headaches are treated by child neurologists.
Education and Training
University Lagos MD
University of Lagos College of Medicine 1981
- Learning Disabilities
- Birth Defects
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Howard University Program
Dr. Ajoke Ajayi Akintade M.D.'s Practice location
Baltimore, MD 21209Get Direction
Dr. Ajoke Ajayi Akintade M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Akintade
- How Some Muscular Dystrophy Patients Live Life to the Fullest
Muscular Dystrophy (MD) is a group of genetic disorders that cause the muscles of the body to weaken and fail over time. There are different types of MD that are all characterized by gene mutations, and each type affects patients differently and in different areas of the body, as well as at...
- Brain Fluid Build-Up May Be Observed in Young Children with Autism
According to a recent study, children with autism ages 2 to 4 have around 15% more fluid build-up between their skull and brain, as opposed to their typical peers. Based on the researchers’ findings, the excess fluid may indicate an early warning sign for autism, thereby possibly helping to...
- What Causes Meningitis?
Meningitis occurs when the meninges, the protective membranes surrounding the brain and spinal cord, get inflamed or irritated. Meningitis is an outcome of certain bacteria or viruses entering the body when our immune system is weak.These bacteria and viruses live in the nose, throat, or the...
- Boy with Muscular Dystrophy Turns His Love For Cooking into a Business
Even though the odds are against them, some kids with muscular dystrophy defy them in big ways and prove to be an inspiration for others with the neuromuscular disease. One of those kids is 10-year-old Conor Barshay. Even before the age of 10, Barshay developed a keen sense of taste through a...
- Living With Muscular Dystrophy and the Challenges of Daily Life
Muscular dystrophy is a genetic disorder characterized by gradually deteriorating muscular strength functions. It is primarily caused by mutations in the genes, specifically those that take care of proper muscular functioning and protein production. The disease affects several people worldwide,...
- Is Meningitis Contagious?
Caused by bacteria and viruses, meningitis is an inflammation (swelling) of the protective membranes covering the brain and spinal cord known as the meninges. The inflammation is usually caused by an infection of the fluid surrounding the brain and spinal cord. It can develop as a result of injury,...
- Dr. Deepa Unnikrishnan Menon M.D.3901 Greenspring Ave Baltimore MD 21211
- Dr. Tanjala Trinette Gipson MD707 N Broadway Baltimore MD 21205
- Dr. Paul Thomas Rogers MD2111 Laurel Bush Rd Bel Air MD 21015
- Dr. Vivek Baluja M.D.2 S Cascade Ave Colorado Springs CO 80903
- Dr. Mary L Leppert MD707 N Broadway Baltimore MD 21205
- Dr. Hilary Eileen Gwynn M.D.707 N Broadway Baltimore MD 21205