Dr. Joseph J Mazza MD
Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology9601 Townline Rd Minocqua WI, 54548
Dr. Joseph Mazza is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Minocqua, WI. Dr. Mazza specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Education and Training
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine 1962
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Hematology
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Hypercoagulability and venous thromboembolism: a review.
- Disorders of flushing.
- Auer rods galore! Acute promyelocytic leukemia.
- A phase II trial of arsenic trioxide for relapsed and refractory acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- Incidence of hematologic malignancies in agriculture.
- Infectious disease and cancer.
- Jean-Martin Charcot: the father of neurology.
- The Emeritus Clinical-Researcher Program.
- Anti-phospholipid antibodies in patients undergoing total joint replacement surgery.
- Symptomatic factor XIII deficiency with normal urea solubility test.
- Water--Our Most Precious Resource.
Dr. Joseph J Mazza MD's Practice location
- How This Survivor Star Beat Hodgkin Lymphoma—Twice
Ethan Zohn is a survivor in many ways. In 2002, he outlasted 15 fiercely strong competitors on the popular TV show, Survivor: Africa. His strength, wit, athleticism, and perseverance won him a million-dollar prize after he defeated these opponents. However, his victory was short-lived. Little did he...
- Woman Who Battled Lymphoma Three Times Starts Support Group
Battling cancer is just that - a battle. To make it through once is an incredible feat, but one Virginia Beach woman survived the terrible condition three times. Now, she is starting a support group so other women can have the incredible outcome she had as well.Lynne's storyUnfortunately, most...
- Schools Join the Fight Against Lymphoma and Blood Cancers
Students at St. Paul Catholic School in Weirton, West Virginia have made their mark in the battle against cancer. By participating in a Student Series program hosted by the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, students were able to raise $2,006.93 and donate the proceeds to discovering a cure for...
- Tips for Young Adult Lymphoma Survivors to Make the Most of Recovery
It is extremely difficult to reenter the world and normal life after battling lymphoma. Recovery is much more than the body's physical battle, but how to balance emotions and relationships as well.However, there are specific tools that can assist in adapting back into a life that may seem...
- Arizona Firefighters Raise Funds for Lymphoma Stairclimb
Jackson County Fire District #5 partnered with Dutch Bros. Coffee in Phoenix, Arizona to help raise funds for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Scott Firefighter Stairclimb in Seattle, which took place at the Columbia Center on March 11th, 2018. All of the money raised for the stairclimb go to...
- This New Zealand Native Beat Cancer Eight Times
Being diagnosed with cancer can be a world-shaking experience. Going through the necessary chemotherapy and radiation treatment to beat cancer can be a difficult struggle, but coming out cancer-free feels incredibly liberating.Maybe it’s that feeling of having beaten cancer that can make suffering...