Dr. David Johnson is a gastroenterologist practicing in Norfolk, VA. Dr. Johnson specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Johnson performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Va Commonwealth Univ, Med Coll of Va Sch of Med, Richmond Va 1980
Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine 1980
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Acid Reflux
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Vascular Disease
- Nat'L Naval Med Ctr, Gastroenterology; Naval Reg Med Ctr, Internal Medicine; Univ Of Va Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Naval Medical Center (Portsmouth) Program
Dr. David A Johnson M.D.'s Practice location
Norfolk, VA 23502Get Direction
Dr. David A Johnson M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is IBS? Is Irritable Bowel Syndrome a Serious Medical Condition?
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a common medical condition that is found in a large number of people. Although this condition is very common in older adults, it is also likely to affect people in younger age groups. Irritable bowel syndrome as a medical condition is known to impact as many as 25...
- What Are the Most Obvious Symptoms of Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is a condition that causes the inflammation of the appendix. The appendix is a tube around 3½ inch long and extends from the large intestine. It is said that the appendix has a role in gut immunity, but nothing as yet is definite with regard to its function. An individual can live...
- Health Benefits of MSM Supplements
What is MSM?MSM, or methylsulfonylmethane, is an organic compound containing sulfur, which has been used for improving the functions of the immune system, lowering inflammation caused in the body, and restoring healthy tissue.MSM has biologically-active sulfur, which is the fourth most plentiful...
- What Is Ulcerative Colitis?
There are a few problems that can affect the digestive tract and cause problems, and they are generally referred to as irritable bowel diseases (IBD). The most common IBDs are Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. IBD is different from IBS – Irritable Bowel Syndrome, which does not cause...
- Treatment for Cholera
Cholera is a contagious infection that affects mostly the intestines apart from other parts of the body. The infection is known to cause severe effects to its victims, and it has claimed the lives of thousands of people every year. Although the illness is dangerous and severe, somehow not many...
- New Blood Test May Help to Differentiate Between Celiac and Gluten Sensitivity
Celiac disease is a rare autoimmune illness, where the immune system starts attacking the outer layer of intestine once gluten is ingested. However, people complaining about gastrointestinal problems after gluten consumption far exceed the number of people living with celiac, these are mostly people...
- Dr. Whitney D Brooks M.D.885 Kempsville Rd Norfolk VA 23502
- Dr. Alex Olabode Williams M.D.400 Gresham Dr Norfolk VA 23507
- Dr. Scott Lee Yagel M.D.400 Gresham Dr Norfolk VA 23507
- Dr. Kelvin Hornbuckle M.D.885 Kempsville Rd Norfolk VA 23502
- Dr. Pramod Malik M.D.2790 Godwin Blvd Suffolk VA 23434
- Dr. Gary Payman M.D.400 Gresham Dr Norfolk VA 23507