Dr. Maher Afif Karam M.D.
Addiction Psychiatrist | Addiction Psychiatry1155 Pressler St Cpb, Unit 1330 Houston TX, 77030
Dr. Maher Karam is an Addiction Psychiatrist practicing in Houston, TX. Dr. Karam evaluates, diagnoses, and treats people who suffer from impulse control conditions related to addiction. As an Addiction Psychiatrist, Dr. Karam is a substance abuse expert, and is trained to fully understand the biological science behind addiction, in order to properly treat each patient.
Education and Training
Univ Francisco Marroquin, Fac De Med, Guatemala MD
Universidad Mariano G·lvez de Guatemala Facultad de Ciencias MÈdicas y de la Salud 1993
- Etanercept therapy in patients with advanced primary amyloidosis.
- Skeletal trauma preceding the development of plasma cell dyscrasia: eight case reports and review of the literature.
- Jaw complications associated with bisphosphonate use in patients with plasma cell dyscrasias.
- Electromagnetic wave interactions with dielectric particles. I. Integral equation reformation.
- Bridging the quasi-static and the physical optics approximations: an elliptic disk case.
- University of Michigan Program
Dr. Maher Afif Karam M.D.'s Practice location
Houston, TX 77030Get Direction
Dr. Maher Afif Karam M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Karam
- Alcohol and Night Sweats
What are night sweats? Night sweats, also known as nocturnal hyperhidrosis, pertains to excessive sweating at night. It is normal for anyone to sweat. Our sweat glands continuously work throughout out the day and night. However, if you have woken up at night to find that your bedsheets are drenched...
- Is Gastroenteritis Related to Drug Withdrawal?
The symptoms accompanying drug withdrawal can be psychological or physical, changing your thoughts, feelings, and actions. For instance, drugs like cocaine and heroin trigger strong physical dependence. For other chemical substances, dependencies are more likely to cause psychological problems....
- Flakka in the News
Drugs have been around for many years, changing the conscience of people for a long time. Some drugs that are forbidden today had been legal in some period of our history, and even considered a medicine. But when scientists concluded that certain drugs do more harm than good, lawmakers made them...
- Porn Addiction and Erectile Dysfunction: A Complete Guide
Introduction In porn addiction, a person loses control over his or her own sexual behavior. Despite the consequences, porn addicts still compulsively use pornography. The consequences include:...
- Does Flakka Induce Psychosis?
In the world of drugs, there is always a struggle to create better and more potent drugs. For the sellers, the motive is clear--to beat their competition by producing superior quality drugs. On the other hand, most users prefer designer drugs because they are often more potent, have fewer side...
- Adderall: Side Effects, High, Abuse, Withdrawal
What is Adderall?Adderall is the brand name of a prescription drug that contains a mixture of amphetamine salts, specifically 75% dextroamphetamine and 25% levoamphetamine salts. It belongs to the drug class called central nervous system (CNS) stimulants. It is also classified among...
- Dr. Thomas Richard Kosten MD2002 Holcombe Blvd Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Donna D Yi MD2323 S Shepherd Dr Houston TX 77019
- Dr. Nancy Beth Rubio M.D.2002 Holcombe Blvd Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Michael F. Weaver M.D.1250 E Marshall St Richmond VA 23298
- Dr. Robert Mark Gerber M.D.2002 Holcombe Blvd Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Alan C Swann M.D.1300 Moursund St Houston TX 77030