Dr. Donald M Woodford M.D.
Pulmonologist | Pulmonary Disease16 Central St South Weymouth MA, 02190
Dr. Donald Woodford practices Pulmonology in South Weymouth, MA. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Woodford manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Dr. Donald M Woodford M.D.'s Practice location
South Weymouth, MA 02190Get Direction
- Community-Acquired Pneumonia: Causes, Symptoms, and Management
Community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) refers to pneumonia that develops in people with very less or no contact with any medical setting such as a hospital or clinic. Most of the time, the people who are infected with CAP are healthy individuals.Background of the DiseaseFour million cases...
- How Pigs Are Increasing Understanding of Cystic Fibrosis
Researchers have been trying to figure out why Cystic Fibrosis (CF) patients are unable to fight off bacterial infections.Recently, studying pigs have helped scientists understand CF better.Why pigs?Initially, mice were used to evaluate CF, but they did not spontaneously develop CF like humans do....
- Croup in Adults
Croup in AdultsAlthough croup is commonly observed in children who are 6 months to 3 years old, it is also possible for adults to get the infection in rare cases. Croup is a viral respiratory infection caused by human parainfluenza viruses (HPIVs). However, other causes of croup may include...
- Preventing Exacerbations of COPD
According to a statistic, 65 million people have moderate to severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) around the world. More than 3 million people have died because of COPD in 2005, which corresponds to 5 percent of all deaths globally. This puts COPD as one of the major causes of...
- Cystic Fibrosis: Talking to Loved Ones
When getting a life-changing diagnosis, it may be hard to discuss it with others. It is isolating when you feel others do not understand; your family and friends may not have cystic fibrosis or know people affected by the disease. You may also be dealing with shock from the new diagnosis. Chances...
- Stem Cell Therapy Can Reduce Inflammation in Cystic Fibrosis
Cystic fibrosis can cause numerous lung infections that will lead to lung damage and a weaker respiratory system. Scientists have therefore taken to researching different rehabilitation methods on repairing lung damage. There have been a number of recent breakthroughs in lung rehabilitation, but one...
- Dr. Richard W. Ashburn MD541 Main St South Weymouth MA 02190
- Dr. Aboualkheir Alzaim MD540 Main St South Weymouth MA 02190
- Dr. John F Mazzotta M.D.16 Central St South Weymouth MA 02190
- Dr. Adam J. Smith MD541 Main St South Weymouth MA 02190
- Dr. Matthew D. Weiss MD55 FOGG RD SOUTH WEYMOUTH MA 02190
- Dr. Sean O'reilly M.D.55 FOGG RD SOUTH WEYMOUTH MA 02190