Dr. Gavin Baumgardner is a hospitalist practicing in Columbus, OH. Dr. Baumgardner specializes in the comprehensive medical care of hospitalized patients. As a hospitalist, Dr. Baumgardner manages the clinical problems of hospitalized patients and the acutely ill, while working to improve the performance of the hospital. Dr. Baumgardner works in collaboration with all of the different doctors that are working with the patient. Hospitalists are involved in the diagnosis, treatment and medical procedures of patients.
Education and Training
Ohio University / Main Campus 1999
- Protein kinase C isotypes in human erythroleukemia (K562) cell proliferation and differentiation. Evidence that beta II protein kinase C is required for proliferation.
- Elevated interleukin-6 levels in the ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome: ovarian immunohistochemical localization of interleukin-6 signal.
- Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome: pre-ovulatory serum concentrations of interleukin-6, interleukin-1 receptor antagonist and tumour necrosis factor-alpha cannot predict its occurrence.
- Gonadotropins induce the release of interleukin-1 beta, interleukin-6 and tumor necrosis factor-alpha from the human preovulatory follicle.
Dr. Gavin Paul Baumgardner D.O.'s Practice location
ATHENS, OH 45701Get Direction
Dr. Gavin Paul Baumgardner D.O.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Baumgardner
- Study Identifies the Link Between Trauma and Lupus in Women
In one of the biggest ever cohort studies in the United States, the link between the incidence of trauma and lupus in women has been established.Autoimmune diseases have perplexed specialists in the medical community for decades, as there is no single reason that seems to explain the cause of the...
- Being Bilingual is Advantageous for Alzheimer's Patients
One of the reasons why Alzheimer’s disease is an unwanted menace is the debilitating effects of it has that are widely manifested through symptoms that affect the mental and cognitive abilities of the victims. Imagine having a loved one who can no longer recall their first name, children or even...
- What is Tinnitus?
Tinnitus refers to the ringing sensation in the ears. For some it is felt like a buzzing or whistling sound that troubles them at night. Tinnitus is actually very common and affects about one in five people. The disturbance may be continuous or periodic in nature. The noise varies in intensity and...
- Breakthrough in Parkinson's Disease Research Allows Patients to Sleep During Deep Brain Stimulation
Deep brain stimulation surgery has contributed to an improvement to the quality of life for patients with Parkinson's disease. This brain surgery reduces the patient's symptoms and tremors by inserting electrodes into the brain. The catch? The patient is awake during the 4-6 hour surgery. Under...
- He Found A Lump in His Breast. But That Didn’t Stop Him.
62-year-old Eric Passmore from Franklin, Indiana is a father, grandfather, and retired machinist. He is also a breast cancer survivor. ...
- What is Sepsis?
Sepsis is a serious medical condition characterized by an exaggerated immune response towards an infection. This response causes the release of chemicals, which results in widespread inflammation and blood clotting in different parts of the body. Sepsis may result in sudden drop in the blood...
- Dr. Yanjuan Zhu M.D.1492 E Broad St Columbus OH 43205
- Dr. Jason P Cappuzzello DO3555 Olentangy River Rd Columbus OH 43214
- Dr. Chirag Ramesh Patel D.O.410 W 10th Ave Columbus OH 43210
- Dr. Xiuqiong Wang MD3525 OLENTANGY RIVER ROAD COLUMBUS OH 43214
- Dr. Jameelah S Harris D.O3535 Olentangy River Rd Columbus OH 43214
- Dr. Douglas A Katula M.D.7277 Smiths Mill Rd New Albany OH 43054