Dr. Thomas Litton is a general surgeon practicing in Charleston, SC. Dr. Litton specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Litton provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Univ of Ky Coll of Med, Lexington Ky 1983
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Palmetto Richland Mem Hosp, General Surgery
Dr. Thomas C Litton M.D.'s Practice location
Charleston, SC 29406Get Direction
Dr. Thomas C Litton M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Litton
- What Is a Prefrontal Lobotomy?
Lobotomy is a neurosurgical procedure invented in 1935 by a Portuguese neurologist named Moniz. Moniz won the Nobel Prize in 1949 for his achievement. It was believed that lobotomy was successful in the treatment of various psychological diseases like depression, bipolar disorders, mania,...
- Sleep Apnea CPAP Machine: Gel, Cleaner, and Price
Sleep apnea is a sleep breathing disorder. It is characterized by repetitive pauses in breathing, which may occur several times per hour and may last for 10 seconds. It is usually a chronic condition. It results in poor sleep quality and excessive sleepiness in daytime. The most common type is...
- An Overview of Gallbladder Diseases
What is the gallbladder?The gallbladder is a four-inch, pear-shaped organ situated below your liver. It acts as a storage organ for bile, which is a mixture of fats, cholesterol, and fluids. The main purpose of bile is to help in breaking down fats during digestion. The whole process allows for easy...
- What to Expect if You Need a Colonoscopy
A colonoscopy is an outpatient procedure done in a private room, in which the inside of the large intestine, (colon and rectum), is examined. This procedure is normally used to evaluate gastrointestinal symptoms, such as rectal and intestinal bleeding, abdominal pain, or changes in bowel habits....
- How to Prepare for a Cholecystectomy
Cholecystectomy is a surgery done to remove the gallbladder. Such procedure is performed as a result of many causes. In most cases, a cholecystectomy is performed to relieve the patient from complications caused by the inflammation of the gallbladder.A gallbladder is an organ that is located just...
- Understanding Appendicitis in Children
Appendicitis is a serious condition that can affect both men and women at any point in life. However, it has been found that children and toddlers account for the majority of deaths caused by it. There could be several reasons behind this: The foremost is that adults can easily recognize and express...
- Dr. Neil Shaw Mcdevitt MD1055 Ribaut Rd Beaufort SC 29902
- Dr. Adrian Lee Strand M.D.1150 Fremont Blvd Seaside CA 93955
- Dr. Brent Michael Jewett M.D.169 Ashley Ave Charleston SC 29425
- Dr. Charles Kenneth Mitchell M.D.2093 Henry Tecklenburg Dr Charleston SC 29414
- Dr. Mark Robert Onady M.D.171 Ashley Ave Charleston SC 29425
- Dr. Crystal Johnson-mann M.D.169 Ashley Ave Charleston SC 29425