Dr. Stephen Lim is a urologist practicing in Omaha, NE. Dr. Lim specializes in diseases of the urinary tract and the male reproductive system. This includes areas of the bladder, urethra, kidneys, penis and prostate. Urology is a surgical specialty and requires knowledge in other areas of expertise such as gynecology and internal medicine due to the variety of clinical problems that are involved.
Education and Training
Univ of Mo-Kansas City Sch of Med, Kansas City Mo 1994
University of Pennsylvania, PA 1994
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU
- Epidemiological modelling (including economic modelling) and its role in preventive drug therapy.
- Cardiovascular risk factors: when should we treat?
- Evaluation of current strategies and future priorities for improving health in developing countries.
- Cost effectiveness analysis of strategies for maternal and neonatal health in developing countries.
- Time to reassess strategies for improving health in developing countries.
- Methods to assess the costs and health effects of interventions for improving health in developing countries.
- A model for undertaking effectiveness and cost-effectiveness analyses of primary preventive strategies in cardiovascular disease.
- Reductions in child mortality levels and inequalities in Thailand: analysis of two censuses.
- Prevalence and management of diabetes and associated risk factors by regions of Thailand: Third National Health Examination Survey 2004.
- Assessment of Swedish snus for tobacco harm reduction: an epidemiological modelling study.
- Costs and benefits of smoking cessation aids: making a case for public reimbursement of nicotine replacement therapy in Australia.
- Tobacco and hazardous or harmful alcohol use in Thailand: joint prevalence and associations with socioeconomic factors.
- Prevalence and management of prehypertension and hypertension by geographic regions of Thailand: the Third National Health Examination Survey, 2004.
- Trends in obesity and associations with education and urban or rural residence in Thailand.
- Chronic disease prevention: the importance of calls to action.
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (bph)
- Prostate Cancer
- Kidney Stones
- Enlarged Prostate
- Bladder Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
- Birth Defects
- Urinary Tract Infection (uti)
- Univ Of Ne Med Ctr, Urology; Methodist Hosp, General Surgery; Univ Of Ne Med Ctr, General Surgery
- University of Nebraska Medical Center
- University of Nebraska Medical Center Program
Dr. Stephen S Lim MD's Practice location
Omaha, NE 68114Get Direction
Dr. Stephen S Lim MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Lim
- What Are the Key Characteristics of Genital Herpes?
Genital herpes is caused by the herpes simplex virus. There are two types of HSV: HSV-1, which mostly causes cold sores, and HSV-2, which mostly causes genital herpes.Some cases of genital herpes may also be caused by HSV-1. This sexually transmitted infection is quite common among the adult...
- Alternative Treatments for Erectile Dysfunction
What is erectile dysfunction? Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a common disorder affecting men of all ages, although it is more common in men above the age of 50. It affects the ability to have an erection and maintain it for a satisfying sexual experience. To understand the nature of alternative...
- At What Age Does Erectile Dysfunction Normally Occur?
At What Age Does Erectile Dysfunction Normally Occur?Erectile dysfunction affects men across all age brackets. It is possible for men both young and old to suffer from it. However the risks associated with ED increase as you get older. This is because as you grow older, the probability of...
- How Sex Ed Can Prevent Genital Herpes
Genital herpes is a sexually transmitted infection (STI) that affects people as young as 12. It is a common disease that is mostly transmitted through sexual intercourse, although other forms of direct contact can also lead to transmission. Despite genital herpes being common, more than half of...
- What Occurs During The Different Stages of Prostate Cancer?
What Occurs During The Different Stages of Prostate Cancer?Prostate cancer is an infection of the prostate which causes abnormal growth of cells on the prostate gland. Prostate cancer is known to inhabit the body of an individual for a long time before displaying any symptoms. During the first...
- Do I Need My Testicles Removed If I Have Testicular Cancer?
Testicular cancer, affecting the testosterone and sperm-producing sex glands, the testicles, distresses not more than 1 percent of all men who are diagnosed with different types of cancer. But cancer of the testes is increasingly common between the ages of 15 to 34, particularly in the white...
- Ansar U Khan MD6829 N 72nd St. Omaha NE 68122
- Dr. Peter M Gordon MD111 S 90th St Omaha NE 68114
- Dr. John D. Horgan M.D.10707 Pacific St Omaha NE 68114
- Dr. Emily R Kean puccioni MD10707 Pacific St Omaha NE 68114
- Paulos Yohannes MD6829 N 72nd St. Omaha NE 68122
- Dr. Stewart Elliot Sloan M.D.6751 N 72nd St Omaha NE 68122