Dr. Melissa Haglund is an internist practicing in Skokie, IL. Dr. Haglund specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Haglund provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Univ of Chicago, Pritzker Sch of Med, Chicago Il 1997
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Acne, Anxiety Disorders, Cardiac Risk Reduction And More
- Advocate Lutheran Gen Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
Dr. Melissa Jean Haglund MD's Practice location
Skokie, IL 60076Get Direction
ZION, IL 60099Get Direction
Dr. Melissa Jean Haglund MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Haglund
- What Is Leukopenia: Symptoms and Causes
What is leukopenia?Leukopenia is a condition in which abnormally low white blood cells are circulating in the blood. This condition can be diagnosed using a blood test called complete blood count (CBC). A normal white blood cell count is usually between 3,500-11,000 WBCs per microliter. People...
- Why Am I So Tired?
Many people find it difficult to describe when they are tired. Some call it exhaustion, while others name it tiredness. Few others may call it fatigue. Fatigue, or tiredness, is a non-specific condition with numerous causes. Fatigue can be either physical or mental, although the two condition are...
- What Team of Specialists Should I Contact if I Have Meningitis?
As complex as it is, meningitis can sometimes be a threat to life. Treating meningitis can be tricky, hence, it needs a team of medical practitioners to make a diagnosis and offer treatment for the condition. You can call your doctor immediately under the following circumstances:...
- Should I Take a Folic Acid Supplement?
Formerly known as folacin, folate is the generic term for both folate and folic acid. It is a B vitamin, which is important for the growth and metabolism of cells. Studies have shown that many people do not get enough folic acid from diet alone.Why do people take folic acid supplements?For pregnant...
- Is Hand Sanitizer Safe to Use?
Hand sanitizer has alcohol, like ethyl alcohol, as the active ingredient to provide the antiseptic effect. In addition, it may also contain a variety of fragrances, glycerine, and water. Sanitizers containing alcohol are ideal for preventing most of the bacterial and viral infections. But these may...
- How to Avoid the Flu During Flu Season
Tips to prevent the flu:Get flu shots – Flu vaccinations still remain the best way to prevent flu in the season. One should ideally get vaccinated in fall to avoid the chances of getting flu. If one has missed it, try to get the shot in winter. One can chose either a flu shot that contains killed...
- Mr. Demetrios John Giokaris MD4921 North Western Avenue Chicago Illinois 60625
- Dr. Theodore Morrison Homa MD3295 N Arlington Heights Rd Arlington Heights IL 60004
- Dr. Ignatius Tang M.D.1740 W TAYLOR ST CHICAGO IL 60612
- Dr. Jaroslaw Leszczak MD1550 N NORTHWEST HWY PARK RIDGE IL 60068
- Dr. Haresh Sawlani M.D.3445 North Central Avenue Chicago Illinois 60634
- Dr. Gretel Ruiz Jorge M.D.3048 N Wilton Ave Chicago IL 60657