Dr. Gary K. Lofland M.D.
Surgeon (Pediatric) | Pediatric Surgery2401 Gillham Rd Kansas City MO, 64108
Dr. Gary Lofland practices Pediatric Surgery in Kansas City, MO. Dr. Lofland treats children who have an illness, injury, or disease that requires surgery. Some of the surgical problems seen by pediatric surgeons are often quite different from those commonly seen by adult or general surgeons. Dr. Loflanddiagnoses, treats, and manages childrens surgical needs such as abnormalities of the groin in childhood and, surgical repair of birth defects, surgical care of tumors, transplantation operations, and endoscopic procedures.
Education and Training
Boston Univ Sch of Med, Boston Ma 1975
Boston University School of Medicine 1975
Thoracic SurgeryAmerican Board of Thoracic SurgeryABTS
- The management of pulmonary atresia, ventricular septal defect, and multiple aorta pulmonary collateral arteries by definitive single stage repair in early infancy.
- Critical aortic stenosis in the neonate: a multi-institutional study of management, outcomes, and risk factors. Congenital Heart Surgeons Society.
- The enhancement of hemodynamic performance in Fontan circulation using pain free spontaneous ventilation.
- Endocarditis caused by Staphylococcus lugdunensis.
- Pulmonary atresia, ventricular septal defect, and multiple aorta pulmonary collateral arteries.
- Decellularization reduces calcification while improving both durability and 1-year functional results of pulmonary homograft valves in juvenile sheep.
- Intraoperative hyperglycemia and postoperative bacteremia in the pediatric cardiac surgery patient.
- The nonfenestrated extracardiac Fontan procedure: a cohort of 145 patients.
- Pediatric cardiopulmonary bypass adaptations for long-term survival of baboons undergoing pulmonary artery replacement.
- Gene expression in cardiac tissues from infants with idiopathic conotruncal defects.
- Determining cell seeding dosages for tissue engineering human pulmonary valves.
- Streptococcus pneumoniae causing mycotic aneurysm in a pediatric patient with coarctation of the aorta.
- Performance and morphology of decellularized pulmonary valves implanted in juvenile sheep.
- Effects of cryopreservation, decellularization and novel extracellular matrix conditioning on the quasi-static and time-dependent properties of the pulmonary valve leaflet.
- Noncoding RNA expression in myocardium from infants with tetralogy of Fallot.
- Duke Univ Med Ctr, General Surgery; Duke Univ Med Ctr, Thoracic Surgery
- Duke University Hospital 1976
Dr. Gary K. Lofland M.D.'s Practice location
Kansas City, MO 64108Get Direction
Dr. Gary K. Lofland M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Lofland
- What Is an Orchiopexy Surgery?
Orchiopexy is a surgical procedure that corrects the position of undescended testicles inside the scrotum. Orchiopexy is performed to male children to correct cryptorchidism, a medical term used for any undescended testicles. Orchiopexy can also be performed to male adults or adolescents, which may...
- Are There Risks To A Circumcision?
It is a procedure that takes just a few minutes to remove the foreskin of a male’s penis.This process has been associated with a number of things; some of them are true,while others are not. Depending on the circumstances, different people have viewed circumcision as an act that comes with its own...
- What Does a Pediatric Surgeon Do?
What is a pediatric surgeon?A pediatric surgeon is a pediatrician, who is specially trained to perform a variety of medical procedures on newborns, infants, and children. They are experts when it comes to the diagnosis and operative care of different health conditions in children. These specialists...
- What You Need to Know About Incisional Hernias
What is a Hernia?A hernia is a medical condition that results from tissue or organs protruding through the abdominal walls. This protrusion is due to a weakness or hole in a muscle. The condition might start without any symptoms, but can lead to serious problems like death if left unattended. Hernia...
- What Can I Expect After Undergoing Laparoscopic Hernia Repair?
In laparoscopic hernia repair, the surgeon makes a small incision in or just under your umbilicus and inserts a narrow tube to pump carbon dioxide into your abdomen. The gas lifts organs and other tissue, allowing a good view of your internal structures. The surgeon then inserts a telescope-like...
- Everything You Need to Know About an Adenoidectomy
What Are Adenoids?Adenoids are the immune system’s component which assists in the fight against infections and offers the body protection from viral and bacterial attack.Adenoids are found in children only. They begin to develop as soon as a child is born and reach their maximum when the child is...
- Dr. Daniel Jon Ostlie M.D.2401 Gillham Rd Kansas City MO 64108
- Dr. Nigel J Price MD2401 Gillham Rd Kansas City MO 64108
- Dr. Charles Lloyd Snyder M.D.2401 Gillham Rd Kansas City MO 64108
- Dr. Mark Sinclair MD2401 Gillham Rd Kansas City MO 64108
- Dr. Troy L. Spilde M.D.2401 Gillham Rd Kansas City MO 64108
- Dr. Jason D Fraser M.D.13400 E Shea Blvd Scottsdale AZ 85259