William R Cook MD
Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease1111 Franklin St Suuite 220 Johnstown PA, 15905
Dr. William Cook is a cardiologist practicing in Johnstown, PA. Dr. Cook specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Cook also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Univ of Pittsburgh Sch of Med, Pittsburgh Pa 1981
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Shadyside Hosp, Cardiovascular Diseases; Univ Of Pittsburgh Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
William R Cook MD's Practice location
Johnstown, PA 15905Get Direction
Johnstown, PA 15901Get Direction
WAUCHULA, FL 33873Get Direction
William R Cook MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Cook
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS)?Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) is a group of genetic disorders that affect the body’s connective tissues, which are proteins that support the blood vessels, skin, bones, and other organs in the body. Connective tissues also provide elasticity and strength to the...
- What to Know Before Taking Triamterene-Hydrochlorothiazide
What is triamterene-hydrochlorothiazide?Triamterene-hydrochlorothiazide is a water pill or diuretic used for the treatment of edema (fluid retention) and high blood pressure. This medication is usually prescribed to patients who have low amounts of potassium in the body or individuals who are at an...
- The Correlation Between Height and Heart Disease Risk
The New England Journal of Medicine recently published research linking height and coronary artery disease through the study of genetics. Doctors have known since the 1950s about the link between short stature and coronary artery disease, “but the reason behind this really hasn’t been completely...
- 5 Tips on Living with High Blood Pressure
Living with high blood pressure is never easy. You have to watch yourself constantly with the knowledge that your body is malfunctioning. Most of the people who are diagnosed with this condition become depressive and lose the will to live. You have to know that even if you are diagnosed with high...
- Treatment Options for Lupus
Lupus does not have a complete cure; however, the symptoms can be managed. With thorough treatment, life expectancy of the patient can be increased to the fullest. Early diagnosis and treatment of lupus is important for preventing permanent damage to one's organs.Your doctor may begin your treatment...
- What Are the Major Warning Signs of a Stroke?
A stroke is one of the leading causes of death in the country. A stroke can be fatal if not treated immediately. Strokes can lead to disabilities, and affect the quality of life of a person considerably. Recognizing the symptoms and responding to the immediate needs is what is important in the...
- Jude Arnold Mugerwa MD321 Main St Johnstown PA 15901
- Charles J Oschwald MD1123 Franklin St Johnstown PA 15905
- Robert G Stenberg MD1123 Franklin St Johnstown PA 15905
- William E Smeal MD1 TECH PARK DR JOHNSTOWN PA 15901
- Archana Sodagam M.D.1 Tech Park Dr Johnstown PA 15901
- Rod Alan Wall M.D.1123 Franklin St Johnstown PA 15905