Dr. James Michael Elmore M.D.
Urologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Urology81 Upper Riverdale Rd Sw Suite 200 Riverdale GA, 30274
Dr. James Elmore practices Pediatric Urology in Riverdale, GA. Pediatric urologists treat young patients who suffer from an illness or disease of the genitals or urinary tract, including the kidneys, ureters, bladder. As a pediatric urologist, Dr. Elmore is a surgeon who diagnoses, treats, and manages voiding disorders, vesicoureteral reflux, and urinary tract infections that require surgery. Some procedures that Dr. Elmore performs include surgical reconstruction of the urinary tract, hypospadias, and disorders of sex development; surgery for groin conditions in childhood; evaluation and surgical management of kidney stone disease; and surgical management of tumors and malignancies of the kidney, bladder, and testis.
Education and Training
Univ of Nc At Chapel Hill Sch of Med, Chapel Hill Nc 1998
- Evaluation of constitutive viral promoters in transgenic soybean roots and nodules.
- RIN4 functions with plasma membrane H+-ATPases to regulate stomatal apertures during pathogen attack.
- Editorial comment.
- Investigating the functions of the RIN4 protein complex during plant innate immune responses.
- Preliminary experience with epsilon aminocaproic acid for treatment of intractable upper tract hematuria in children with hematological disorders.
- Biochemical purification of native immune protein complexes.
- The GMS hypospadias score: assessment of inter-observer reliability and correlation with post-operative complications.
- Further analysis of the Glans-Urethral Meatus-Shaft (GMS) hypospadias score: correlation with postoperative complications.
- CEVL e-learning teaches GUMS method to "score" hypospadias preoperatively and predict postoperative outcomes.
- Response to K.M. Szymanski re 'Further analysis of the glans-urethral meatus-shaft (GMS) hypospadias score: Correlation with postoperative complications'.
- Checklist assessment tool to evaluate suitability and success of neonatal clamp circumcision: A prospective study.
- A Cysteine-Rich Protein Kinase Associates with a Membrane Immune Complex and the Cysteine Residues Are Required for Cell Death.
- Editorial Comment.
- Univ Tx Southwestern Med Sch, Urology; Univ Tx Southwestern Med Sch, General Surgery
Dr. James Michael Elmore M.D.'s Practice location
Riverdale, GA 30274Get Direction
ATLANTA, GA 30342Get Direction
Dr. James Michael Elmore M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Elmore
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- What Is an Orchiopexy Surgery?
Orchiopexy is a surgical procedure that corrects the position of undescended testicles inside the scrotum. Orchiopexy is performed to male children to correct cryptorchidism, a medical term used for any undescended testicles. Orchiopexy can also be performed to male adults or adolescents, which may...
- What Are the Risks of Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy, also called hydrocele repair, is a surgical procedure that aims to remove or repair a hydrocele, a sac of fluid that forms around a testicle, causing swelling and pain.Hydrocelectomy is like all other surgeries—risky, and one may get hurt during the procedure, react to the...
- What Is The Point of a Circumcision?
What Is The Point of a Circumcision?Circumcision is one of the oldest social and cultural practices of man. Its origin is not known, but centuries of the removal of the foreskin has been practiced by many communities. Different communities hold various beliefs concerning circumcision.Some consider...
- What Is Hydrocele Repair?
Hydrocele repair is a surgical process that aims to correct the swelling of the scrotum that occurs as a result of hydroceles. A hydrocele is a painless buildup of fluid around the testicles. Fluid buildup causes the scrotum and the groin area to swell. This swelling can make you uncomfortable even...
- Causes and Helpful Tips for Enuresis (Bedwetting)
What is enuresis?Enuresis, also called nocturnal enuresis, is the medical term for bedwetting or urinating during sleep. Bedwetting is usually part of a child’s development. It is fairly common among children and is slightly more common in boys.Most children outgrow bedwetting without any...