Dr. Leland M. Deane has been a partner at Long Island Plastic Surgical Group since 1988. He obtained his MD from State University of New York Downstate Medical Center Brooklyn, New York, followed by a ...
Education and Training
Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll of Med, Brooklyn Ny 1978
State University of New York Downstate Medical Center College of Medicine 1978
Plastic SurgeryAmerican Board of Plastic SurgeryABPS
- Hospital productivity measurement in a changing environment.
- [Trypanosoma found in a monkey in Amazonia and which develops in Triatoma].
- [First steps of the National Malaria Service in the campaign against Bancroft's filariasis in Brazil].
- [Filariasis bancrofti in Maceió, Alagoas: results of 1952 research].
- [An active focus of schistosomiasis mansoni in Jacarepaguá, Federal District].
- [Domestic use of DDT and transmission of Bancroft's filariasis in Belém, Pará].
- [Isolation of leishmaniae in the viscera and the skin of a fox in the kala-azar endemic zone in Sobral, Ceara].
- [Natural infection of Phlebotomus longipalpis by Leptomonas, probably Leishmania donovani, in a focus of kala-azar in Ceará].
- [Dogs naturally infected by Leishmania donovani in Ceará].
- [Filaria bancrofti in Belém, Pará, according to the 1951 investigation].
- [Human filariasis in Brazil; current knowledge of its geographical distribution and transmission].
- [Control of Phlebotomus longipalpis by DDT house spraying endemic foci of kala-azar in Ceará].
- Simian malaria in Brazil.
- [Trypanosomidae from mammals of the Amazon region. II. Trypanosomas from Macacas of the Salgado Zone state of Para].
- [Epidemiology and prophylaxis of American kalazar].
- Eastern Va Med Sch, Plastic Surgery; Vet Affairs Med Ctr, General Surgery; New England Med Ctr Hosps, General Surgery
- Tufts Medical Center (New England) Program
Dr. Leland Deane, MD, FACS's Practice location
Garden City, NY 11530Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Leland Deane, MD, FACS | Plastic Surgeon
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Leland Deane, MD, FACS's reviewsWrite Review
Get to know Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon Dr. Leland Deane, who serves patients throughout the State of New York.
A Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS), Dr. Deane is a reputable plastic & reconstructive surgeon who has been a Partner at Long Island Plastic Surgical Group, PC since 1988. An expert on natural-appearing surgical results in all of his surgery, he specializes in several plastic surgery and reconstructive procedures, including post-weight loss surgery, breast augmentation, tummy tucks, hair restoration, and facial cosmetic surgery.
Established in 1948, Long Island Plastic Surgical Group, PC has a history of seeking out the most complex cases and dedicating themselves to reconstructive and cosmetic surgery that has improved the lives of patients from all corners of the world. With several offices throughout the state of New York, the practice is also committed to the education of young medical professionals and ushering in new generations of exceptional plastic surgeons.
Accomplished in various cosmetic procedures and extremely intricate reconstructive surgeries, Dr. Deane is a firm believer that the best treatment outcomes are those that look as natural as possible. Currently, he is the Associate Chief of the Division of Plastic Surgery at Southside Hospital within the Northwell Health System and is on the advisory board of several patient support organizations, including Mother of Supertwins and Bariatrics Today/ObesityHelp.com. He is also on the teaching faculty at Cornell University Medical College, fostering education for the doctors of tomorrow.
The doctor’s medical journey began in 1978 after he earned his medical degree from the SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University in New York. Upon graduation, he completed his internship and residency in general surgery at the Tufts New-England Medical Center in Boston, Massachusetts. He also completed a residency in plastic surgery at Eastern Virginia Graduate School of Medicine in Norfolk, Virginia, and received special training in hand surgery during a fellowship at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
From 2009-2015, Dr. Deane was a board member of the New York State Department of Health. He also served two terms on the New York State Office of Professional Medical Conduct Board, where he oversaw the highest standards for medical care.
In 2016, he partnered with Accurate Surgical Scientific Instruments (ASSI) to design a new body contouring tool for surgeons. ASSI manufactures the instrument in Germany and markets it world-wide as the ‘Deane Body Contouring Forceps’.
Committed to excellence in his specialty, Dr. Deane is board-certified in plastic surgery by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, whose mission is to promote safe, ethical, efficacious plastic surgery to the public by maintaining high standards for the education, examination, certification, and continuous certification of plastic surgeons as specialists and subspecialists.
Among his professional affiliations, he is a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the Association of Academic Chairmen of Plastic Surgery, the Medical Society of the State of New York, the Nassau Academy of Medicine, the Nassau County Medical Society, the Nassau Surgical Society, the New York Regional Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, the Northeastern Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, the Deterling Surgical Society, the American Society for Peripheral Nerve, the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery, and the Lipoplasty Society, Inc.
Plastic surgery is a surgical specialty involving the restoration, reconstruction, or alteration of the human body. It can be divided into two main categories – reconstructive surgery and cosmetic surgery. A plastic surgeon’s primary responsibility is performing surgical and non-surgical procedures, and they use a variety of reparative and reconstructive techniques to get the job done.
Named a Best Cosmetic Surgeon in the Best of Long Island Awards hosted by Long Island Press, Dr. Deane has authored numerous papers on various aspects of plastic surgery and continually participates in conferences within the national medical community. He has been featured and interviewed on the Wall Street Journal televised network, the Discovery Health Channel, Cablevision Network, the New York Post, and many other media sources. He has also led volunteer medical missions to Colombia, South America to treat congenital malformations in children.
- The History of Cystic Fibrosis
What is cystic fibrosis?It is a genetic disease that affects both young children and adults. It mainly affects the lungs and the digestive system. When a child inherits two copies of the genes responsible for cystic fibrosis, the child develops the disease.The complications associated with the...
- What is a Cervical Ablation?
Cervical ablation is a procedure that involves the removal of the cervix’s exterior layers. The procedure is carried out when cervical cancer is noticed or suspected. If unusual cells are detected on the cervix’s surface during a pap smear, cervical ablation is used to establish if the abnormal...
- Tips to Lose Weight Quickly and Safely
Time and again it has been made clear that losing weight fast is not good for the body. But there are times when you really want to lose those extra pounds to fit into your favorite dress for a family function. “Losing weight fast is not bad if it is done properly”, says Michael Dansinger, MD,...
- Questions You Should Be Asking Your Doctor
IntroductionAlthough doctors have the best intentions, it does not always mean that they will perfectly recognize their patient’s greatest need. For this reason, patients also need to take an active role when it comes to communicating with their doctor.One of the best ways to make sure that...
- Anemia Symptoms
What is anemia?Anemia occurs when there are low levels of red blood cells (RBCs) in the body. Red blood cells are the ones that carry oxygen all over the body. So when a person's RBC count is lower than normal, it means that there is not enough oxygen in the blood, causing symptoms of anemia, such...
- What Is Pyrexia: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Introduction Pyrexia is the medical term for fever, in which the human body temperature rises above the average normal (37 degrees Celsius or 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit). Pyrexia is one of the most common symptoms of numerous medical conditions.There are multiple factors can affect the normal body...
- Dr. Sergiu Marcus MD140 E 80th St New York NY 10075
- Dr. Shawn Garber M.D.125 Mineola Avenue, Roslyn Heights NY 11577
- Dr. David Menchell M.D.7303 198th St Fresh Meadows NY 11366
- Dr. Sireen Gopal M.D.2008 E Chester Road Bronx NY 10461
- Dr. Sharon Giese MD114 E 61st St New York NY 10065
- Ms. Patricia Broderick3200 NETHERLAND AVE BRONX NY 10463