Dr. Steven C Friedman MD
Urologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Urology334 Underhill Ave Building 3c Yorktown Heights NY, 10598
Dr. Steven Friedman practices Pediatric Urology in Yorktown Heights, NY. Pediatric urologists treat young patients who suffer from an illness or disease of the genitals or urinary tract, including the kidneys, ureters, bladder. As a pediatric urologist, Dr. Friedman is a surgeon who diagnoses, treats, and manages voiding disorders, vesicoureteral reflux, and urinary tract infections that require surgery. Some procedures that Dr. Friedman performs include surgical reconstruction of the urinary tract, hypospadias, and disorders of sex development; surgery for groin conditions in childhood; evaluation and surgical management of kidney stone disease; and surgical management of tumors and malignancies of the kidney, bladder, and testis.
Education and Training
Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll of Med, Brooklyn Ny MD 1983
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU
- Problems with Urination
- Wetting (Day and Night)
- Nuerogenic Bladder
- Abnormal urination, frequency, painful urination, blood in urine
- Urinary Tract / Bladder Infection
- Spina Bifida
- Prenatal diagnosis of urinary obstructions (hydronephrosis)
- Stones in Urinary Tract
- Trauma/Injury to any part of the urogenital system
- Disorders of Sexual differntiation (Intersex disorders)
- Kidney (cystic kidney diseases, malformations, obstructions)
- Tumors and cancer (absent kidney, duplication anomalies, horshoe kidney, hydronephrosis, pelvic kidney, reflux, stones)
- Ureters (blockages, duplication anomalies, hydronephrosis, megaureters, reflux, stones, stictures)
- Bladder (diverticulum, exstrophy and epispadias, obstruction, reflux, tumors and cancer)
- Penis (abnormal development, abnormal urinary stream, adhesions, chordee, circumcision, epispadias, hidden penis, hypospadias, injury, meatal stenosis, micropenis, newborn cicumcision, phimosis, webbed penis)
- Testis and groin (absent testis, epididymitis, hernias, hydroceles, infections, retractile testes, spermatoceles, pain, torsion, undescended, varicoceles)
- Female Genital Disorders (abnormal development, labial adhesions, urinary and genital birth defects)
- And more
- Maimonides Med Ctr, Urology; Beth Israel Med Ctr, General Surgery
Experience & Accolades
- ResidentSUNY DOwnstate Medical Center
Dr. Steven C Friedman MD's Practice location
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598Get Direction
SOMERS, NY 10589Get Direction
Brooklyn, NY 11220Get Direction
Staten Island, NY 10305Get Direction
New Hyde Park, NY 11042Get Direction
Dr. Steven C Friedman MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Friedman
- What Is Hydrocele Repair?
Hydrocele repair is a surgical process that aims to correct the swelling of the scrotum that occurs as a result of hydroceles. A hydrocele is a painless buildup of fluid around the testicles. Fluid buildup causes the scrotum and the groin area to swell. This swelling can make you uncomfortable even...
- What Are the Risks of Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy, also called hydrocele repair, is a surgical procedure that aims to remove or repair a hydrocele, a sac of fluid that forms around a testicle, causing swelling and pain.Hydrocelectomy is like all other surgeries—risky, and one may get hurt during the procedure, react to the...
- What Is The Point of a Circumcision?
What Is The Point of a Circumcision?Circumcision is one of the oldest social and cultural practices of man. Its origin is not known, but centuries of the removal of the foreskin has been practiced by many communities. Different communities hold various beliefs concerning circumcision.Some consider...
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- How to Prepare for Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy refers to a surgical procedure done for the purpose of repairing or removing a hydrocele, a buildup of watery fluid around one or both testicles. This sac swells as fluid accumulates, causing discomfort but usually no pain. Since hydrocelectomy involves a sensitive part of the...
- What to Expect After a Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy is a type of surgery that aims to correct the swelling that occurs in the scrotum. This procedure is done to repair a hydrocele.What is a hydrocele?A hydrocele is a fluid-filled sac that is located around the testicles. The accumulation of fluid in the testicles is common, especially...
- Dr. Jordan S Gitlin MD247 ROUTE 100 SOMERS NY 10589
- Dr. Israel Franco MD334 Underhill Ave Yorktown Heights NY 10598
- Dr. Edward F Reda MD150 WHITE PLAINS RD TARRYTOWN NY 10591
- Dr. Richard Schlussel MD150 WHITE PLAINS RD TARRYTOWN NY 10591
- Dr. Lori Dyer MD1200 High Ridge Road Stamford CT 06905
- Dr. Sarah Marie Lambert MD5 PERRYRIDGE RD GREENWICH CT 06830