Dr. Jacob J Vandersteenhoven M.D.
Pathologist | Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology2720 SUNSET BLVD WEST COLUMBIA SC, 29169
Dr. Jacob Vandersteenhoven is a pathologist practicing in Columbia, SC. Dr. Vandersteenhoven is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Vandersteenhoven can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Vandersteenhoven may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Education and Training
Med Univ of Sc Coll of Med, Charleston Sc 1987
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP- Cytopathology
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Hidradenitis suppurativa complicated by squamous cell carcinoma and paraneoplastic neuropathy.
- Somatic mutations to CSMD1 in colorectal adenocarcinomas.
- Osteoinduction by implants of demineralized allogeneic bone matrix is diminished in vitamin D-deficient rats.
- Demonstration of reduced mitogenic and osteoinductive activities in demineralized allogeneic bone matrix from vitamin D-deficient rats.
- The effects of ovariectomy and 17 beta-estradiol on cortical bone histomorphometry in growing rats.
- Osteoinduction within porous polysulfone implants at extraosseous sites using demineralized allogeneic bone matrix.
- Histological investigation of bone induction by demineralized allogeneic bone matrix: a natural biomaterial for osseous reconstruction.
- Cellular components of microvascular proliferation in human glial and metastatic brain neoplasms. A light microscopic and immunohistochemical study of formalin-fixed, routinely processed material.
- Prognostic significance of p53 immunoreactivity in adult patients with supratentorial fibrillary astrocytic neoplasms.
- Cytogenetics as an adjunct in establishing a definitive diagnosis of synovial sarcoma by fine-needle aspiration.
Dr. Jacob J Vandersteenhoven M.D.'s Practice location
Columbia, SC 29203Get Direction
WEST COLUMBIA, SC 29169Get Direction
- 5 Tips on Living with Mononucleosis
People with the mononucleosis (or mono) infection can live perfectly normal lives by doing what is best for them during their period of affliction. In this review, I have outlined the most essential tips on living with mononucleosis. In choosing these tips, the emphasis was focused on the well-being...
- What Is Prostate Cancer: Get the Facts
Cancer has become one of the most dangerous infections in the world. Various medical researches have shown that cancer problems have increased drastically over the last few weeks. These infections have posed a big threat to the community since most of them require serious treatment. The treatment is...
- Holistic Treatment for Cholera
Holistic Treatment for CholeraCholera is an infection that is caused by a bacterium known as Vibrio cholerae. This is a bacterium that is capable of surviving for an extremely long time, even in unpleasant environments. As a result of this factor, the bacteria can spread cholera very fast.Cholera...
- How Does Dengue Fever Spread?
Dengue Fever is Caused by a VirusDengue fever is a viral disease common to tropical and subtropical countries where the weather is hot and humid for long stretches of the year. There are four strains of the virus - all belonging to the same family - that infect humans with dengue fever. A fifth...
- Are There Vaccines Available For Cholera?
What Is Cholera?Cholera is an infectious disease that affects mostly the intestines, but causes complications to the rest of the body. Once a person suffers from cholera, the first parts of the body to be affected are the intestines. It is an infection caused by a bacteria known as the Vibrio...
- Alternative Treatments for Cholera
Alternative Treatments for CholeraCholera is one of the most dangerous infectious diseases around the world, occurring mostly in Africa and other areas with a similar climate. The infection is mostly found in areas with extraordinarily high populations and poor sanitation services.Cholera is caused...
- Dr. William Roger Armstrong M.D,2720 Sunset Blvd West Columbia SC 29169
- Dr. Ervin Bart Shaw M.D.2720 Sunset Blvd West Columbia SC 29169
- Dr. Elizabeth Jayne Moffatt M.D.2720 Sunset Blvd West Columbia SC 29169
- Dr. Martin John Spalding M.D,2720 SUNSET BLVD WEST COLUMBIA SC 29169
- Ranleigh Lewis Fleshman Other2720 SUNSET BLVD WEST COLUMBIA SC 29169
- Mr. Jeffery Adam Jones2720 SUNSET BLVD WEST COLUMBIA SC 29169