Dr. Jonathan Wise practices Endocrinology in Metairie, LA. Dr. Wise specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases related to hormone imbalance, and the bodys glands in the endocrine system. Endocrinologists are trained and certified to treat a variety of conditions, including menopause, diabetes, infertility, and thyroid disorders, among many others. Dr. Wise examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
Harvard Med Sch, Boston Ma 1967
Harvard Medical School 1967
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Diabetic Neuropathy
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
- Yale New Haven Hosp, Internal Medicine; Univ Of Nc Hosps, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- University Of Nc Hosps
- University of North Carolina Hospitals Program
Dr. Jonathan K Wise MD's Practice location
Dr. Jonathan K Wise MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Frequent Consumption of Red Meat May Lead to Diabetes, Study Shows
“Health is Wealth” as the saying goes, but keeping oneself healthy is one of the most challenging parts of a daily routine. Living in this fast-paced life can be too overwhelming for some, and as a way to relieve their daily stress, they resort to higher food consumption that can put their...
- Major League Player Supports Diabetes Awareness and Excels on the Field
Most people dream about being an astronaut, firefighter or footballer when they're young. So many days during childhood are spent thinking about what they want to be when they're grown up, that it made kids want to practice what they loved for when they're older. Everything was possible in those...
- What to Expect from Your Endocrinologist if You Have Hypothyroidism
Hypothyroidism is a condition in which the thyroid glands are unable to produce adequate amount of thyroid hormones. These hormones are important in maintaining the metabolic rate and energy levels of a person. In some cases, the person may go to a general practitioner for first visit who will then...
- Diabetes Patients at Higher Risk of Suffering a Stroke
High blood sugar, blood flow problems, and diabetic ketoacidosis are just a few issues that diabetic patients need to keep in mind when managing their illness. But, this list continues to grow as we learn more about the disease.It was recently discovered that those who are struggling with this...
- The New Stem Cell Treatment that May Finally Cure Diabetes
Diabetes happens to be one of the most common diseases in the world, and it can hit anyone regardless of gender and age. In fact, cases of diabetes spiked in America just last year. The World Health Organization predicts that the number of people who have diabetes will increase twice as much by the...
- What Is the Cause of an Underactive Thyroid Gland?
Gaining weight? Feeling colder? Feeling depressed? Hypothyroidism could be the reason behind it.What is hypothyroidism?Also known as low thyroid or underactive thyroid, hypothyroidism is characterized by underactive thyroid glands that fail to produce an adequate amount of thyroid hormones. These...
- Dr. Ramona Granda-rodriguez MD1514 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans LA 70121
- Dr. Vivian Andrew Fonseca MD1430 Tulane Ave New Orleans LA 70112
- Dr. Susana Laura Dipp M.D.1804 Persimmon Ave Metairie LA 70001
- Dr. Mario R Mcnally M.D.3525 Prytania St New Orleans LA 70115
- Dr. Ali Asghar Jawa M.D.1430 Tulane Ave New Orleans LA 70112
- Dr. Shamsa Arshad Ali MD1000 Ochsner Blvd Covington LA 70433