Dr. Evelyn Coggins is a psychiatrist practicing in Buffalo, NY. Dr. Coggins is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Coggins diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Coggins may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Coggins treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
University At Buffalo SUNY School Of Med and Biomedical Sciences Buffalo Ny 1992
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Forensic Psychiatry
- Univ Hosp Of Cleveland, Psychiatry
- University Hospital Of Cleveland
- Case Western Reserve University Affiliated Hospitals 1993
- University Hospitals, Cleveland 1996
Dr. Evelyn Coggins MD's Practice location
BUFFALO, NY 14202Get Direction
Dr. Evelyn Coggins MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is the Trazodone Drug Prescribed For?
Depression is a medical condition affecting the mental health of an individual. Depression can cause various other secondary illnesses along with it. To treat depression, it is extremely important to timely diagnose the condition and treat it with the help of a medical expert who can guide you with...
- The Science Behind Depression: What Happens in Your Brain
Although the causes of depression are often associated with tragic life events, pregnancy, retirement, or conflicts in a relationship, this complex disorder is scientifically believed to be caused by a chemical imbalance. This chemical imbalance can be a result of a genetic vulnerability,...
- Understanding Psychotherapy
Most of us usually become too overwhelmed when dealing with the issues affecting our lives. Cases of depression, anxiety, and mental disorders are very common today. Others struggle with weight-related issues, addiction, sexuality, relationships, and loss of jobs, among others. All these concerns...
- What Is Celexa and Is It Safe During Pregnancy?
Anxiety and depression are medical conditions associated with the brain. While the complexities of these conditions are highly intense, in simple language, they are referred to as chemical imbalances in the brain. The most common medications used when it comes to the treatment of depression and...
- Social Anxiety Disorder: Causes, Symptoms, Treatments and More
Social Anxiety Disorder, also known as social phobia, is a type of anxiety disorder in which a person feels excessively fearful of social situations. A person suffering from this disorder lack social skills and has trouble meeting new people, talking to people, and attending social gatherings. They...
- Top 5 Signs You Might Be a Narcissist
A person may not even be aware of the fact that he is suffering from narcissism as it is extremely difficult to identify with very few symptoms. Such symptoms may only be identified by a trained therapist. A person suffering from narcissism should always consult a therapist to control his...
- Dr. Elena Bruck M.D.80 Fifth Avenue New York NY 10011
- Dr. Saud Khan MD3980 Sheridan Dr Buffalo NY 14226
- Dr. Andrew Reichert M.D.85 Bryant Woods S Buffalo NY 14228
- Dr. Tarique Perera M.D.901 Fifth Avenue New York NY 10021
- Santhi Fernando270 Ranch Trail W Buffalo New York 14221
- Scott Shapiro M.D.286 Fifth Ave New York NY 10001