Dr. Joel J Smith MD
Orthopedic Surgeon (Orthopedist) | Orthopaedic Trauma7910 Frost St Suite 200 San Diego CA, 92123
Dr. Joel Smith is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in San Diego, CA. Dr. Smith specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Smith tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Education and Training
Univ of Mn Med Sch-Minneapolis, Minneapolis Mn 1991
University of Mn Med Sch 1991
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- Trauma, Sports Medicine, Arthritis And More
- Univ Of Mn Med Sch, Orthopedic Surgery; Dartmouth-Hitchcock M C, General Surgery
- University of Minnesota Affiliated Hospitals 1997
- Fairview Medical Center
- Fairview Medical Center
- Ullevaal University Hospital, Sports Medicine 1998
Dr. Joel J Smith MD's Practice location
San Diego, CA 92123Get Direction
SAN DIEGO, CA 92111Get Direction
Dr. Joel J Smith MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Smith
- What Is Pituitary Dwarfism?
IntroductionPituitary dwarfism, also called growth hormone deficiency, is a medical condition wherein the pituitary gland does not produce sufficient amounts of growth hormone. This deficiency often results in children’s slow growth or short stature.An adult with pituitary dwarfism has an average...
- When to Be Concerned About Sternum Pain
IntroductionThe sternum, also called as the breastbone, is a flat bone situated at the center of the chest. It connects to the ribs through cartilages and forms the front of the rib cage, which helps protect the lungs, heart, and major blood vessels from injuries. Since the sternum is near to the...
- What To Expect After Carpal Tunnel Surgery
What is carpal tunnel surgery?Carpal tunnel surgery is a surgery that is performed on the hand to correct any problems that you may have with your carpal tunnels. The surgery can be performed as an open surgery or the doctor can use a less invasive approach.There are so many things and changes that...
- Reasons Why You Need Spinal Stenosis Surgery
Spinal stenosis is a situation where the vertebrae in the spine come close together and lie on one or more of the spinal nerves which come from the spinal cord. When this occurs, the individual may experience various symptoms such as:Numbness and a tingling sensationThe spinal nerves emerge from the...
- Laminectomy: Reasons for Having One and the Risks It Involves
What Is a Laminectomy?A laminectomy is a kind of surgery whose aim is to decompress the spinal cord. The lamina (the bone that constitutes spinal‘s vertebral arch) and bone spurs are removed during the operation. Both the lamina and bone spurs can compress your spinal cord leading to:...
- How to Treat a Sprained Ankle
Ankle sprains are a very common ailment, particularly of women who have the habit of wearing high heels. Ankle sprains refer to the condition in which one of the ligaments in the ankle is injured. A history of ankle sprains will eventually make an individual prone to ankle sprains. Landing the foot...
- Dr. Rodney Delano Henderson M.D.2281 West 24th Street Yuma Arizona 85364
- Dr. Daniel J. Solomon M.D.7100 Redwood Boulevard Novato California 94945
- Dr. Michael Thompson M.D.10666 North Torrey Pines Road La Jolla California 92037
- Dr. Steven R Garfin M.D.4150 Regents Park Row La Jolla CA 92037
- Dr. Joseph John Jankiewicz M.D.2929 Health Center Dr San Diego CA 92123
- Dr. Bryan Terry Leek MD4060 4th Ave San Diego CA 92103