Dr. Christopher M Makris M.D.
Sleep Medicine Specialist (Pediatric) | Sleep Medicine1600 7th Ave S Birmingham AL, 35233
Dr. Christopher Makris practices Sleep Medicine in Birmingham, AL. Dr. Makris studies, diagnoses, and treats sleep disturbances and disorders due to varying factors. Sleep Medicine Physicians are trained to treat many different conditions, including insomnia, narcolepsy, sleep apnea, idiopathic hypersomnia, menstrual-related hypersomnia, and circadian rhythm disturbances, among others.
- Effects of megestrol acetate on weight gain, body composition, and pulmonary function in patients with cystic fibrosis.
- Outcomes of children treated with tracheostomy and positive-pressure ventilation at home.
- Hemoglobin production in human bone marrow cultures is inhibited by lyophilized coagulation factor concentrates.
Dr. Christopher M Makris M.D.'s Practice location
Birmingham, AL 35233Get Direction
PENSACOLA, FL 32504Get Direction
Dr. Christopher M Makris M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Makris
- Behavioral Therapy to Improve Children’s Sleep Apnea
Everyone loves a good night's sleep. Getting lots of rest during the night and waking up in the morning feeling refreshed and energized is a feeling that few things can surpass. However, more than an activity you simply partake in, getting a good night’s rest, according to Kim Cahill, RN, MSN,...
- Night Terrors in Children
What are night terrors?Night terrors are a common occurrence seen in children between 3 to 12 years old. It is a sleep disorder, which tends to peak when the child is three and a half years old. Sleep is divided into two categories:...
- The Innovative Method to Detect Children’s Sleep Apnea
Sleep apnea has, for the longest time, been one of the leading causes of sleep deprival and complications with the sleep cycle of anyone who suffers from it. As said as much before, but this condition, which can equally affect persons of any gender, manifests itself as periods during sleep where the...
- Is There a Link Between Obstructive Sleep Apnea and Speech?
Many patients experience issues in speech when diagnosed with sleep apnea. The altered speech function in OSA has led researchers to believe that there is an underlying link between obstructive sleep apnea and a speech disorder. It has been seen in both children and adults, especially if they have...
- Agony of a Little Girl Diagnosed with Sleep Apnea
People often say they slept like a baby after a restful night of sleep. However, that is not always the case, especially for kids suffering from obstructive sleep apnea. Sadly, most parents are not aware of this issue and it can become a very difficult problem to deal with, a problem that can affect...
- Mason Motz Becomes A Chatterbox Once His Sleep Apnea Was Fixed
Mason Motz is a 6-year-old Texas youngster who now sings his favorite songs and talks to everyone who will listen to him. He is always asking his mom about her day and discussing the world with his brother. Every day, he leaves his family astounded, because, for over five years of his life, Mason...