Dr. Stephen Westly is a hand surgeon practicing in Asheville, NC. Dr. Westly specializes in caring for hand, wrist and forearm problems without the option of surgery unless necessary. Many hand surgeons are also experts in diagnosing and caring for shoulder and elbow problems and tend to suggest non-surgical treatments such as hand therapy or physical therapy.
Education and Training
Tulane Univ Sch of Med, New Orleans La 1978
Tulane University School of Medicine 1978
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- St Lukes Episcopal Hosp, Hand Surgery; Univ Of Pittsburgh Med Ctr, Orthopedic Surgery; Dartmouth-Hitchcock M C, General Surgery
Dr. Stephen K. Westly M.D.'s Practice location
Asheville, NC 28803Get Direction
Dr. Stephen K. Westly M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Is Asperger's a Form of Autism?
Firstly, we need to know exactly what Asperger’s Syndrome is before we can relate it to Autism Spectrum Disorder. However, it is important to point out at this juncture that even though the two have similarities and differences, they are related.What is AS?Asperger’s Syndrome is actually...
- 5 Tips on Living with Melanoma
Melanoma is a type of lethal skin cancer. Often developing from a mole, it is caused by mutation of the skin cells due to damage in their DNA. These mutations result in a tumor formation within the cells that contain melanin (the pigment that gives skin its color) in the epidermis. The color of a...
- What Tests Determine Conjunctivitis?
Conjunctivitis is a very unpleasant eye condition that may cause discomfort and pain in the eyes. This disease has to be medically treated. Thus, it’s important to determine the causes and triggers of this disease. If you suspect that you have conjunctivitis, you should visit an ophthalmologist to...
- What Are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers give patients a beautiful smile. They are very thin, porcelain layers attached to the front of the teeth. Dental veneers are a good solution for the correction of any defects in the position, color, or shape of the teeth.Dental veneers can be made with direct or indirect composites....
- Reasons Why You Need Carpal Tunnel Surgery
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a tingling, numbness, or weakness in the hands due to pressure on the Median nerve that is located in the wrist. Whenever you are faced with this challenge, you will be in discomfort after it progresses into the later stages. This is a condition that arises from stress...
- What is HIV: Get the Facts
Over the course of our four million or so years of evolution, we humans have developed a highly-specialized immune system that is quite a warrior in combating infections. We are bombarded daily by bacterial and viral pathogens which have the potential to cause us serious illness, but, completely...
- Dr. Carla Kate Skytta D.O.15 SKYLAND INN DR ARDEN NC 28704
- Sam S Abrams M.D.21 TURTLE CREEK DR ASHEVILLE NC 28803
- Dr. Bruce Irving Minkin MD18 Medical Park Dr Asheville NC 28803
- Dr. David C Napoli MD800 Fleming St Hendersonville NC 28791
- Dr. James Richard Phelps M.D.21 TURTLE CREEK DR ASHEVILLE NC 28803
- Dr. Gordon I Groh M.D.111 VICTORIA RD ASHEVILLE NC 28801