Dr. Brian Biernat is a dermatologist practicing in Westerville, OH. Dr. Biernat specializes in skin care. Dermatologists evaluate and manage both common and uncommon skin conditions. These conditions include acne, psoriasis, warts, skin infections, atopic dermatitis, herpes simplex and more. Dermatologists are also experts in more complex skin diseases like impetigo, hidradenitis and milaria. Dr. Biernat diagnoses skin problems and develops unique treatments plans for each individual patient.
Education and Training
Univ of Ne Coll of Med, Omaha Ne 1993
University of Nebraska College of Medicine 1993
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Cancer
- Contact Dermatitis
- Seborrheic Keratosis
- Sebaceous Cyst
- Oh State Univ Hosp, Otolaryngology; Univ Tx Southwestern Med Sch, Dermatology; Dallas Co Hp-Parkland Mem, Internal Medicine
- Methodist Health System Dallas Program
Dr. Brian P Biernat MD's Practice location
Dr. Brian P Biernat MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Biernat
- What are Epidermoid Cysts?
Epidermoid cysts are small, harmless bumps seen under the skin in different parts of the body. Sebaceous cysts are small bag like cysts filled with oily secretions affecting the oil glands. These cysts are less common and affect the sebaceous glands in the body. The sac-like structures often develop...
- Skin Maceration: What is it?
One of the most common wound care problems is the maceration of the skin around the wound. In most cases, this causes discomfort and irritation, but it may also lead to ulceration and damage of the unaffected tissues.Skin macerationEpidermal tissue of the skin is the most effective barrier against...
- Serum Herpes Simplex Antibodies Test: Can It Help in the Diagnosis of Cold Sores?
What is the serum herpes simplex antibodies test?This test is used to diagnose the herpes simplex virus. It is an examination of the blood and it identifies the antibodies that fight against HSV. This herpes simplex virus is the leading cause of herpes. There are two different kinds of herpes: HSV-1...
- Is Scabies Contagious?
What is Scabies?Scabies is an infestation that is caused by the itch mite called Sarcoptes scabei. It is a variation of a subtype hominis. If these mites are not treated in a timely manner, then they can live on the skin for months. These mites reproduce on the surface of the skin and later burrow...
- Explore the Different Types of Acne
WhiteheadsWhiteheads are small white-colored blemishes on the skin, which result when the hair follicles get clogged with sebum (natural oil secreted by the skin’s sebaceous glands) and dead skin cells. Your skin needs a certain amount of natural oil to lubricate and protect itself. However, when...
- Can Tattoos Lead to Skin Infections?
According to a recent study, some regular practices at tattoo parlors may increase the risk of skin infections. Skin infections are normally seen in people with a weak immune system. The study, published in the Emerging Infectious Diseases, reports two cases of Mycobacterium haemophilum skin...
- Dr. Michelle Chambers M.D.4900 Gettysburg Road Columbia Ohio 43220
- Dr. Matthew James Zirwas MD2359 East Main Street Bexley OH 43209
- Dr. Wendy D Schuen MD5040 Forest Dr New Albany OH 43054
- Dr. Dwight A Scarborough M.D.650 Shawan Falls Dr Dublin OH 43017
- Dr. Brett Robert Kockentiet MD650 Shawan Falls Dr Dublin OH 43017
- Dr. Larisa Ravitskiy MD602 Morrison Rd Columbus OH 43230