Dr. Andres Sosa M.D.
Pulmonologist | Pulmonary Disease55 Lake Ave N Worcester MA, 01655
Dr. Andres Sosa practices Pulmonology in Worcester, MA. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Sosa manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
Central University Of Venezuela, Luis Razetti School Of Medicine Medicine
Universidad Central de Venezuela Escuela de Medicina Luis Razetti 2002
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Critical Care Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- 2009 New England States Chapter Research Award
- Member UMass Memorial Medical Group
- UMass Memorial Medical Center - UMass Graduate Medical Education (Pulmonary and Critical Care)
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center - Harvard Medical School (Interventional Pulmonary)
- UMass Memorial Medical Center, Fellow 2007
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Fellow:Interventional Pulmonary 2010
Dr. Andres Sosa M.D.'s Practice location
Worcester, MA 01655Get Direction
MIAMI, FL 33173Get Direction
Dr. Andres Sosa M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sosa
- A Mother Shares How She Stays Strong for her Child with Cystic Fibrosis
Any parent of a child with cystic fibrosis knows how difficult it can be to stay strong. Seeing a child suffer from a disease that is simply just unfair would be challenging for any parent.Kat is the mother of a girl with cystic fibrosis. She shares how she stays strong to be the rock and support...
- Is it Lung Cancer or COPD?
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and lung cancer are two ends of the same spectrum. Though vastly different in core characteristics, they share many symptoms such as painful wheezing, a persistent cough, and the production of copious mucus. Both these diseases have similar causes and...
- Athlete with Cystic Fibrosis and Diabetes Goes Against All Odds
The pass went way off course, and the hockey puck went flying down the street. James Cameron and another boy went sprinting after it, determined to reach it first. Hockey sticks in hand, they raced to chase down the puck. Breathing heavily, they reached it at the same time and began to struggle for...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Is Bronchitis a Contagious Disease?
The human respiratory tract starts at the nose and mouth and continues down to the lungs. The air that we breathe in through our nose and mouth passes down the trachea and into the lungs through a series of branched tubes called the bronchi. For a healthy breathing to happen effectively, these tubes...
- Everything About Bacterial Pneumonia: Its Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Management
What Is Pneumonia?Pneumonia is a tenderness or inflammation of the lung, upsetting the air sacs (alveoli) predominantly. It is normally caused by infectious elements such as bacteria and viruses. Risk components of pneumonia are comprised of other lung-linked diseases, such as COPD, asthma, heart...
- Dr. Ryan Garman Shipe MD94 MENDON ST HOPEDALE MA 01747
- Dr. Stephen J Krinzman M.D.55 Lake Ave N Worcester MA 01655
- Dr. Yaron R. Goldman MD123 Summer St Worcester MA 01608
- Dr. Kevin B Martin MD123 Summer Street Worcester MA 01608
- Dr. Oren Schaefer M.D.33 Oak Avenue Worcester MA 01605
- Dr. Kathleen M Aras-richard MD94 Mendon St Hopedale MA 01747