Dr. Barbara Finck is a rheumatologist practicing in San Francisco, CA. Dr. Finck specializes in the treatment of musculoskeletal diseases and systematic autoimmune conditions that can affect the bones, muscles or bones. Eventually, if not treated, these illnesses can also impact the skin, eyes, nervous system and internal organs. Dr. Finck treats diseases similar to orthopedists but does not perform surgery. Often times, research is conducted to find potential alternatives for the patients illness.
Education and Training
University of California 1986
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Rheumatology
- Etanercept in children with polyarticular juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.
- A comparison of etanercept and methotrexate in patients with early rheumatoid arthritis.
- Preliminary definition of disease flare in juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.
- Etanercept versus methotrexate in patients with early rheumatoid arthritis: two-year radiographic and clinical outcomes.
- Long-term efficacy and safety of etanercept in children with polyarticular-course juvenile rheumatoid arthritis: interim results from an ongoing multicenter, open-label, extended-treatment trial.
- Clinical grade production and characterization of a fusion protein comprised of the chemokine CCL2-ligand genetically fused to a mutated and truncated form of the Shiga A1 subunit.
- Anti-inflammatory approaches that target the chemokine network.
- The care of asymptomatic HIV-infected patients.
- Treatment of murine lupus with CTLA4Ig.
- Interleukin 6 promotes murine lupus in NZB/NZW F1 mice.
- Long-term inhibition of murine lupus by brief simultaneous blockade of the B7/CD28 and CD40/gp39 costimulation pathways.
- Enhanced lymphoproliferation and diminished autoimmunity in CD4-deficient MRL/lpr mice.
Dr. Barbara Kimble Finck M.D.'s Practice location
San Francisco, CA 94118Get Direction
Dr. Barbara Kimble Finck M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- The Complicated Link Between Rheumatoid Arthritis and Lung Disorders
What is Bronchiectasis (BR) and how it is related to Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)? It is known that there is a strong association with RA and various pulmonary disorders such as BR. How these two conditions are connected is less clear and something that has been being examined for some time. However...
- Nick Cannon: Multi-talented TV Personality and Lupus Warrior
There are no words to describe the multifaceted talent of the TV personality Nick Cannon. He is a successful host, songwriter-rapper, recording artist, actor, comedian, DJ, and entrepreneur, and is also known as the ex-husband of the infamous diva Mariah Carey and a father to their two kids. For...
- The Stories of 3 Inspiring Lupus Patients
Lupus can be devastating for anyone who has it. It is a problem within the immune system of the body in which the defense system of the body starts to attack itself. Lupus is the condition when the body produces excessive antibodies in the blood stream, which confuses the system. The results are...
- Can Detoxing Help Ease Fibromyalgia Symptoms?
Many fibromyalgia patients have to deal with mystery symptoms for years before getting a proper diagnosis. And. once they receive a diagnosis, the struggle is far from over. With fibromyalgia, patients are often left to their own devices and figure out on their own what helps to ease symptoms. One...
- The Body Image Struggle with Rheumatoid Arthritis
Feeling good and confident can be incredibly difficult when living with a chronic condition such as Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA). Body image, quality of life, and health are all interconnected. Each one plays a role on the other. When the body stops cooperating and begins to physically change in ways...
- Survey Shows 'Invisible' Aspects of Rheumatoid Arthritis Are Difficult to Explain
According to Health Union’s most recent survey, “Rheumatoid Arthritis in America”, over 85% of patients (8 in 10) diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis struggle to explain “invisible” symptoms. “RA symptoms can be caused by a variety of other conditions. In my case, I had a badly swollen...
- Dr. Molly Detgen Magnano MD2100 Webster St San Francisco CA 94115
- Dr. Andrew J. Gross M.D.400 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Michael Popkin Stevens M.D.101 S San Mateo Dr San Mateo CA 94401
- Dr. Sharon Alane Chung MDUcsf Ambulatory Care Ctr San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Jose C. Troncoso MD275 W MACARTHUR OAKLAND CA 94611
- Dr. Matthew Michael Reimert M.D.400 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143