Dr. Young K. Chung is a leading Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist with over 20 years of experience in the field. Dr. Chungs career in medicine began when she graduated with her medical degree from Yonsei University College of Medicine. Wanting to further her education, Dr. Chung served an internship at Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center, a residency from VA Medical Center and a residency from Tulane University. She is board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Chung has been published in Ferrocenes with Perfluorinated Side Chains and Ferrocenophanes with Fluorinated Handles and Cytotoxic terpenoids from Juglans sinensis leaves and twigs.
Education and Training
St Louis Univ Sch of Med, St Louis Mo 1963
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- St Louis Connect Care, General Surgery; St Louis Connect Care, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Psychiatry)
- Severance Hospital
- Tulane University (Psychiatry)
Professional Society Memberships
- Severance Alumni Association Inc
Articles and Publications
- She has written 4 books in Korean and writes a column in the Daily Korean newspaper.
What do you attribute your success to?
- Her upbringing and her background. She was inspired as well from her Mom\'s work ethic and from Dr. Scoffield
- US Army as a psychiatrist
Hobbies / Sports
- Golf, Reading
Dr. Young Chung MD's Practice location
Panorama City, CA 91402Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Young Chung MD | Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist | Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Young Chung MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- Depression Medications and Their Side Effects
Regardless of the importance of non-medical treatment options for depression like talk therapy and physical exercise, none of them can be as quick and effective as medication. The primary form of medication for depression is antidepressants which help boost brain activity and alleviate depression...
- What Behaviors Indicate Binge Eating Disorder?
Knowing the warning signs of an eating disorder is important, since the early detection of an existing or developing eating disorder will give a sufferer the help he or she needs sooner. Detecting the warning signs may not always be easy. When someone has an eating disorder, they usually feel...
- Recognizing Anxiety Disorders In Children
It’s sometimes difficult to understand your kids and their behavior. One moment they are happy and the next moment, they seem sad or irritated. Well, this kind of innocent behavior in children can be considered normal under certain conditions, but not always. For example, anxiety is useful and...
- Autism and Its Additional Complications
Since autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a neurodevelopmental disorder, there are a variety of different symptoms. Different children with ASD will have different reactions, symptoms, and complications on different levels. Typically, autism impairs social and communication skills; however, the...
- What Is Disorganized Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder involving a breakdown that drastically affects how a person thinks, feels, and behaves. The disorder has five subtypes, one of which is disorganized schizophrenia. Its very name implies the typical and predominant characteristics by which it is identified:...
- Dr. Brenda Robertson M.D.595 E. Colorado Blvd Pasadena CA 91101
- Dr. Eliot Moon M.D.940 Avenue 64 Pasadena CA 91105
- Dr. Arthur F Roemmelt MD12450 VAN NUYS BLVD STE 100 PACOIMA CA 91331
- Dr. Sabira Saifuddin MD23805 Stuart Ranch Road Malibu CA 90265
- Dr. Mark Mcdonald MD11500 W OLYMPIC BLVD LOS ANGELES CA 90064
- Dr. B. Rock Choe MD2007 Wilshire Blvd Los Angeles CA 90057