Dr. Deborah Wilkins is a speech language pathologist practicing in MOBILE, AL. Dr. Wilkins specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Wilkins evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Wilkins helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Ms. Deborah M. Wilkins ST's Practice location
MOBILE, AL 36606Get Direction
Ms. Deborah M. Wilkins ST's reviewsWrite Review
- Coping with a Parkinson’s Disease Diagnosis
If you take an early action on the disease, then you will be able to deal with the symptoms. Above all, education and support enable you to live and fight the challenges that lay ahead. In addition to that, having a professional counselor is critical in designing a treatment plan for you. You not...
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- Which Specialists Can Treat ADHD?
People suffering from attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) encounter several challenges including social, academic or professional difficulties. These issues make it important for ADHD patients to receive definitive treatments that work for them. ADHD is also very common among children....
- Everything You Need To Know About Multiple Sclerosis
CausesMS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system — the brain, spinal cord and optic nerve. Specifically the immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers — myelin — creating...
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- Mrs. Janet Elanor Swan MS-CCC, SLP954 NAVCO RD MOBILE AL 36605
- Mrs. Brenda Lee Beverly PH.D.5721 USA NORTH DR MOBILE AL 36688
- Mrs. Vernell S Forman MA./CCC/SLP3294A DOG RIVER RD THEODORE AL 36582
- Mrs. Julie M Estis PH.D., CCC-SLP5721 USA NORTH DR MOBILE AL 36688
- Mrs. E. Diane Sisk M.S., CCC-SLP7423 MALLARD DR MOBILE AL 36695
- Amanda Meng Savage MS-CCC/SLP1610 CENTER ST MOBILE AL 36604