Dr. Laura G. Carbone MD
Nephrologist (Kidney Specialist) | Nephrology159 Margaret St Suite 600 Plattsburgh NY, 12901
Dr. Laura Carbone is a nephrologist practicing in Plattsburgh, NY. Dr. Carbone specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Carbone most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Education and Training
Albert Einstein College of Medicine - Yeshiva University 1982
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Nephrology
- Effect of ivermectin on the control of ear mites (Psoroptes cuniculi) in naturally infested rabbits.
- Effect of castration on rabbits housed in littermate pairs.
- A vacuum-assisted technique for collection of blood from the Guinea pig.
- Tissue deposition of polychlorinated biphenyls in cats fed Atlantic Ocean bluefish.
- Epidemiologic study of cadmium and lead in the hair of ceramists and dental personnel.
- On "Animal Rights: a Biological Contradiction".
- Spontaneous mesothelioma in a Syrian hamster.
- A cytotoxicity assay for Clostridium spiroforme enterotoxin in cecal fluid of rabbits.
- Treatment of experimentally induced trichinosis in dogs and cats.
- Proteinuric hypertension in a pregnant baboon: was this pre-eclampsia?
- Ny & Presby Hp-Columbia Campus, Nephrology; Mc Gaw Mc/Northwestern Univ, Internal Medicine
- MC GAW MEDICAL CENTER NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY
Dr. Laura G. Carbone MD's Practice location
Plattsburgh, NY 12901Get Direction
Plattsburgh, NY 12901Get Direction
Dr. Laura G. Carbone MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Carbone
- What Causes Lupus?
Lupus is an autoimmune ailment. This means that instead of your body’s regular defense system attacking viruses and bacteria, it destroys healthy tissues. This causes swelling. Symptoms include extreme fatigue, hair loss, rashes, cognitive dysfunction, severe muscle and joint pain, ulcers in the...
- What Is Rhabdomyolysis: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment
IntroductionRhabdomyolysis is a complex medical condition that involves a rapid destruction of the skeletal muscle tissues along with the release of muscle proteins and other muscle cell contents to leak outside of the cells and into the bloodstream. This leakage includes the following muscle...
- Leukocyte Esterase Test
Leukocyte Esterase Urine TestLeukocyte esterase (LE) is an esterase produced by white blood cells (WBCs) or leukocytes. A leukocyte esterase test is a urine test used to detect the presence of white blood cells and other health conditions associated with infection.Normally, leukocyte esterase...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Kidney Stones?
What are kidney stones?A kidney stone is a hard, crystal-like mineral substance formed within the kidney or urinary tract. In medical terms, it is known as nephrolithiasis. They are also called as renal calculi.Kidney stones can block the stream of urine and can result in urinary infection, kidney...
- Why do Kidney Stones Form in Different Sizes?
What are Kidney Stones?Kidney stones are concentrated minerals and acid salts which accumulate in the kidney or the urinary system as crystal structures or stones. They occur when our body lacks fluids required to dissolve minerals and salts present in the urine. Initially the stones will be small...
- What Is Shivering: 15 Conditions That Might Cause Chills
What is shivering?Exposure to cold or rapid shifts in temperature usually causes uncontrollable shivering. However, many other possible causes can cause shivering or chills. An uncontrollable shivering that persists for a longer time may indicate an underlying illness that requires immediate medical...
- Dr. Alan Segal M.D.1 S Prospect St Burlington VT 05401
- Dr. Dana Gabriela Negoi MD1 S Prospect St Burlington VT 05401
- Dr. Varun Agrawal MD1 SOUTH PROSPECT STREET SOUTH BURLINGTON VT 05403
- Dr. Wolfgang Johannes Weise M.D.1 S Prospect St Burlington VT 05401
- Dr. Richard Jay Solomon MD1 S Prospect St Burlington VT 05401
- Dr. Jeffrey Michael Rimmer MD1 S Prospect St Burlington VT 05401