Dr. Lawrence Shoemaker is a pediatric nephrologist practicing in Syracuse, NY. Dr. Shoemaker specializes in caring for children with chronic conditions such as hypertension, kidney disease, and chronic dialysis. Pediatric nephrologists have extensive knowledge on the dialysis and transplant processes, while simultaneously developing lasting relationships with the families of their young patients.
Education and Training
Vanderbilt Univ Sch of Med, Nashville Tn 1986
- Expanding role of bisphosphonate therapy in children.
- Bartter and Gitelman syndromes.
- Genotype/phenotype observations in African Americans with Bartter syndrome.
- Collapsing glomerulopathy in a 16-year-old girl with pulmonary tuberculosis: the role of systemic inflammatory mediators.
- Tight metabolic control plus ACE inhibitor therapy improves GSD I nephropathy.
- Humoral factor in children with neonatal Bartter syndrome reduces bone calcium uptake in vitro.
- Childrens Hosp Med Ctr, Pediatric Nephrology Univ Louisville Sch Of Med, Pediatrics
Dr. Lawrence Raymond Shoemaker MD's Practice location
Syracuse, NY 13210Get Direction
Louisville, KY 40202Get Direction
Dr. Lawrence Raymond Shoemaker MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Can Weight Loss Alleviate Varicose Veins?
Minimal ExhaustionVictims of vein problems are challenged by tiredness in their legs even when jogging, and makes it difficult to follow a workout regiment.Vein disorders can discourage people from their exercise routine. Exercise WellThere is a common misconception that affected veins can simply...
- What Is Whiplash? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
When people suffer from a whiplash, they experience severe pain in the lower neck region, which can spread over their shoulders, arms, and head. They can also suffer from headaches, numbness, and a painful stiff neck. The pain gets accelerated faster in the area around the neck, which needs to be...
- Nephrotic Syndrome in Children: What You Need to Know
Nephrotic Syndrome in ChildrenNephrotic syndrome in children is not a disease, but rather a group of symptoms that usually indicate kidney damage (particularly glomeruli damage) and proteinuria (high levels of protein in the urine). When there is kidney damage, a protein called albumin, which is...
- What Could Lead to Nephrotic Syndrome?
IntroductionNephrotic syndrome refers to a group of symptoms that occur when there is something wrong with your kidneys. It can affect people of all ages and is often treatable. Kidney damage may be suspected if an individual shows any of the following symptoms:...
- What Is Renal Ultrasound Used For?
A renal ultrasound is actually a diagnostic procedure, wherein high-frequency sound waves are transmitted through the body tissues that are inaudible to the human ear. The echoes recorded into videos or images of the internal structures of the body.A wide range of diseases and conditions can be...
- Wilms Tumor Facts
Wilms TumorWilms tumor, also called as nephroblastoma, is a type of cancerous tumor in the kidneys. The name of the disease comes from a German doctor named Max Wilms, who wrote about it in 1899. Children ages 3-4 years old are more likely to develop Wilms tumor.Wilms tumor accounts for around 9 out...
- Dr. Scott John Schurman MD725 Irving Ave Syracuse NY 13210
- Dr. Thomas R Welch MD725 Irving Ave Syracuse NY 13210
- Dr. James A Listman MD725 Irving Ave Syracuse NY 13210
- Dr. Sriram S Narsipur MD90 Presidential Plz Syracuse NY 13202
- Dr. Dongmei Huang MD725 IRVING AVE SYRACUSE NY 13210
- Christian Hanna Other750 E Adams St Syracuse NY 13210