Dr. Scott Gallagher is a general surgeon practicing in Winston Salem, NC. Dr. Gallagher specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Gallagher provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Oh State Univ Coll of Med, Columbus Oh 1997
Ohio State University College of Medicine 1997
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Univ Of S Fl Coll Of Med, General Surgery
- University of South Florida 2002
- University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine Program
- Univ. of South Florida - Tampa 2005
- Univ. of South Florida - Tampa 2004
Dr. Scott Gallagher MD's Practice location
Winston Salem, NC 27103Get Direction
Tampa, FL 33624Get Direction
Dr. Scott Gallagher MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Gallagher
- What You Need to Know About Incisional Hernias
What is a Hernia?A hernia is a medical condition that results from tissue or organs protruding through the abdominal walls. This protrusion is due to a weakness or hole in a muscle. The condition might start without any symptoms, but can lead to serious problems like death if left unattended. Hernia...
- What are Cataracts: Get the Facts
Cataract is the blurring of the lens part of the eye that can lead to complications in vision. Aging is the cause of the common form of cataract. It grows slowly and should symptoms develop they should not be ignored as this condition worsens with time. Congenital defects, previous eye surgery,...
- What are the Surgeries Used in Treating Gallstones?
Right below the liver is a small sac known as the gallbladder. Its function is to hold bile until it is required. The bile helps in the digestion/breakdown of fats. When fats are noticed by the gallbladder, it pushes the bile concentrate towards the small intestine through contractions.Bile pigment,...
- What Is a Thrombosed Hemorrhoid?
Hemorrhoids result from the application of pressure in the anus and rectum. This pressure affects the flow of blood, resulting in the formation of swellings in the veins covering these areas, known as hemorrhoids. At times, the vessels may not allow blood to flow properly along these veins and the...
- Why Do the Benefits Outweigh the Risks of Circumcision?
Male circumcision has been a highly debated topic with arguments both for and against it. Various religious and traditional practices across the globe favor circumcision. However, there are also large sections of the population in other parts of the world where circumcision is not recommended by...
- Home Remedies To Help Appendicitis
Appendicitis is a serious condition that can cause severe harm to the body if not treated on time. Some of the common symptoms of appendicitis include abdominal pain, digestive upsets, nausea, vomiting and mild fever. Although there are both medicinal and surgical treatment options available to cure...
- Dr. Errol John Britto M.D.30 W Mccreight Ave Springfield OH 45504
- Dr. Thomas Edward Simpson M.D.1900 S Hawthorne Rd Winston Salem NC 27103
- Dr. Thomas A Sweasey MD505 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Myron Sheavictor Powell M.D.Medical Center Blvd Winston Salem NC 27157
- Dr. Nathan Mowery MD505 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Stephen S Mcnatt M.D.505 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143