Dr. Leo B Bustad M.D.
Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease3841 Piper Street Suite T100 Anchorage AK, 99508
Dr. Leo Bustad is a cardiologist practicing in Anchorage, AK. Dr. Bustad specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Bustad also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Univ of Wa Sch of Med, Seattle Wa 1972
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
- Univ Of Nc Hosps, Cardiovascular Diseases; Univ Of Nc Hosps, Internal Medicine
Dr. Leo B Bustad M.D.'s Practice location
Anchorage, AK 99508Get Direction
Dr. Leo B Bustad M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Bustad
- Heart Palpitations: What Is It and What Are the Causes?
Our heart rate is automatically controlled by the autonomic nervous system (ANS) that has two divisions: sympathetic and parasympathetic. The part of the ANS that is responsible for raising a person’s heart rate through the sympathetic plexus is the sympathetic division. The parasympathetic...
- Digoxin and Common Brands
Generic Name: DigoxinBrand Names: Cardoxin, Lanoxin, Digitek, LanoxicapsWhat is digoxin?Digoxin is derived from the digitalis plant leaves. It helps in making the heartbeat stronger along with a more regular rhythm pattern. Digoxin is mostly used for treating individuals who suffer from heart...
- Causes and Treatment of Hypolipidemia
What is cholesterol?Cholesterol is primarily produced in the liver, which makes approximately 1,000 milligrams of cholesterol per day. However, it can also be produced by the cells lining the small intestines and also by each cell present in the body. Abnormally low cholesterol levels would mean...
- The Three Best Treatment Methods for Muscular Dystrophy
Muscular dystrophy is a very common condition that can happen to people of different ages. The thing about muscular dystrophy is that there is no definite cure for it. However, there are ways to manage the condition. There are a lot of medications and therapies that can be used in order to keep it...
- Vitamin E May Not Prevent Heart Failure in Women
According to a new study, vitamin E supplementation may not reduce the risk of heart failure in women. This study is the first of its kind, focusing on the effectiveness of vitamin E supplementation in the prevention of heart failure. Vitamin E is an antioxidant that helps to protect the body from...
- Stem Cell Treatment Heals the Damage Caused by Heart Attacks
A new study has shown that muscle damage due to a heart attack can be corrected by stem cell treatment. This included a small number participants, but they have shown that stem cell treatment is an effective method to help patients recover from a heart attack. The study was directed by Eduardo...
- Dr. Brian Thomas Scully MD3841 Piper Street Anchorage AK 99508
- Dr. Paul Arnold Peterson MD3841 Piper St Anchorage AK 99508
- Dr. David W Sonneborn M.D.3841 Piper Street Anchorage AK 99508
- Dr. Bujung Zen MD3rd Mdg / Internal Medicine Clinic Jber AK 99506
- Dr. John C Finley M.D.3841 Piper Street Anchorage AK 99508
- Dr. William P Mayer M.D.3841 Piper Street Anchorage AK 99508