Dr. Elias Rizk practices Neurological Surgery in Hershey, PA. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Rizk prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Education and Training
Govt. Dental College, Bangalore University, India
- Brachial Plexus Injury
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Brain Tumor
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Birth Defects
- Penn State Hershey Medical Center 2012
- Penn State University Program
- Neurological Surgery, Pediatrics, Birmingham Childrens Hospital 2013
Dr. Elias Rizk M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Elias Rizk M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Oromandibular Dystonia?
Oromandibular DystoniaOromandibular dystonia is a type of focal dystonia. This condition is also called cranial dystonia, in which the face, jaw, or tongue forcefully contracts and becomes difficult to open and close the mouth. Thus, a person's speech and ability to chew are affected. Cranial...
- Reasons Why You Need a Laminectomy
What is laminectomy?If you have back pain that is severe enough to interfere with your day-to-day activities and other medications fail to work, you might eventually need surgery to get it fixed. Laminectomy is the surgical procedure that will be performed on your back in this case. It involves the...
- How to Prepare for a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a procedure where a surgeon removes a part or more parts of your vertebrae or any ligaments on your spinal cord that exert pressure on the nerves. Laminectomy is said to be the most common back surgery performed for disability and pain. The following are some expectations before,...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What to Expect After a Laminectomy
If you experience back pain that grows severe, your doctor may recommend surgery depending on the cause. Over the centuries, back pain has been constantly a growing condition. You may be facing a lumbar laminectomy at any time.During a LaminectomyLaminectomies are done under general anesthesia,...
- Lobotomies in Other Countries
What is a lobotomy and why was it used?A lobotomy is a neurosurgical procedure used for the treatment of various psychological conditions, such as severe depression, mania, schizophrenia, etc. It was even used for the treatment of homosexuality.The idea of brain surgery started around 1890, when a...
- Dr. Omar Akram Zalatimo MD500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Michael David Sather MD30 Hope Drive Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Akshal Patel M.D.500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Joseph Christopher Zacko MD500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Stephen K Powers MD133 JEFF LN HUMMELSTOWN PA 17036
- Dr. Einar Bogason M.D.500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033