Dr. Zahir is a board certified orthopaedic spine surgeon specializing in minimally invasive spine surgery. Dr. Zahir performs several non-fusion treatments including endoscopic spine surgery. He also performs minimally invasive spinal fusions using CT Navigation and has training with robotic spine surgery.
Education and Training
University of Maryland School of Medicine 2006
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Clinical Assistant Professor Orthopaedics Medstar Georgetown University Hospital 2012 - 2017
- Neck Pain
- Back Pain
- Pinched Nerve
- Herniated Disc
- Spinal Stenosis
- Degenerative Disc Disease (ddd)
- AAOS, NASS, SMISS
- University of Maryland Program
- University of Maryland Medical Center
- University of Maryland Medical Center 2012
- StoneSprings Hospital Center
- Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center ( Fredericksburg, VA )
- Civista Medical Center ( La Plata, MD )
Dr. Usman Zahir MD's Practice location
POTOMAC, MD 20854Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Usman Zahir MD | Orthopedic Surgeon (Orthopedist) | Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Usman Zahir MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Zahir
- How Effective is Knee Replacement Surgery?
How Effective is Knee Replacement Surgery?This surgery is normally recommended for elderly people who suffer from severe pain due to osteoarthritis. It is suggested for people if the pain and stiffness in their joints affects their mobility and daily activities. One has to understand both the...
- Reasons Why You Need Spinal Stenosis Surgery
Spinal stenosis is a situation where the vertebrae in the spine come close together and lie on one or more of the spinal nerves which come from the spinal cord. When this occurs, the individual may experience various symptoms such as:Numbness and a tingling sensationThe spinal nerves emerge from the...
- When to Be Concerned About Sternum Pain
IntroductionThe sternum, also called as the breastbone, is a flat bone situated at the center of the chest. It connects to the ribs through cartilages and forms the front of the rib cage, which helps protect the lungs, heart, and major blood vessels from injuries. Since the sternum is near to the...
- What Is Spinal Stenosis Back Surgery?
What is spinal stenosis?Spinal stenosis is a disorder of the spine in which the spinal chord narrows. Congenital spinal stenosis is a condition in which the spine is already narrowed at birth. Factors that can result in spinal stenosis are herniated discs, osteophytes, which are ingrown bones or...
- How is Bursitis Diagnosed?
What are the signs and symptoms of bursitis?Bursitis symptoms are there because of the amount of inflammation in the bursa, as well as the exact area of the bursa involved. The swelling causes pain and tenderness in the bursa. When the bursa is so swollen, then it can cause stiffness along with...
- What Is Cervical Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Cervical spinal stenosis surgery is a surgical treatment used to solve problems of spinal stenosis in the cervical part of the spine. Before even talking about this surgical procedure it is very important to understand what cervical spinal stenosis is first.Cervical spinal stenosis is characterized...
- Dr. William A. McNamara MD6000 Executive Blvd Rockville MD 20852
- Dr. Edward G. Magur M.D.2021 Kay Street NW Washington District of Columbia 20006
- Dr. Richard Leo Gaertner MD133 Maple Avenue E Vienna Virginia 22180
- Dr. Tariq A Nayfeh M.D.7811 MONTROSE RD STE 340 POTOMAC MD 20854
- Dr. Frank T. Lombardo M.D.1910 South Rd Poughkeepsie New York 12601
- Dr. My Hoa Kaas DPM2826 Old Lee Highway Fairfax Virginia 22031