Dr. Pierre Castera M.D.
Colon and Rectal Surgeon1004 Carondelet Dr Suite 430 Kansas City MO, 64114
Dr. Pierre Castera is a colon and rectal surgeon practicing in Kansas City, MO. Dr. Castera specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the colon, rectum and anus. As a colon and rectal surgeon, Dr. Castera often treats conditions like rectal cancer, colon cancer, hemorrhoids, anal fissures and diverticulitis. Colon and rectal surgeons may be referred to you by your gastroenterologist if your doctor believes you need a surgical procedure.
Education and Training
Univ Of Pr Sch Of Med- San Juan Pr 1981
Colon & Rectal SurgeryAmerican Board of Colon & Rectal SurgeryABCRS
- Univ Tx Med Sch At Houston, Colon And Rectal Surgery; Univ Hosp-Suny Stony Brook, General Surgery
Dr. Pierre Castera M.D.'s Practice location
Kansas City, MO 64114Get Direction
OVERLAND PARK, KS 66211Get Direction
Dr. Pierre Castera M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Castera
- What is a Virtual Colonoscopy?
Also referred to as a VC, a virtual colonoscopy is an x-ray test that detects polyps, cancer or other disorders in the colon. Colonography is the medical term for this test.How It's DoneThere is a difference between an ordinary colonoscopy and a virtual colonoscopy. The ordinary colonoscopy uses a...
- What Occurs During The Different Stages of Prostate Cancer?
What Occurs During The Different Stages of Prostate Cancer?Prostate cancer is an infection of the prostate which causes abnormal growth of cells on the prostate gland. Prostate cancer is known to inhabit the body of an individual for a long time before displaying any symptoms. During the first...
- Epigastric Hernia: Get the Facts
A hernia is a condition in which some part of an internal organ grows through an opening and protrudes to some other area, thereby altering its normal location.There are many types of hernia, but the epigastric hernia is the most common form. An epigastric hernia occurs when abdominal tissue...
- What Is an Anal Fissure?
What is an anal fissure?The anal canal is a short tube surrounded by muscle at the end of the rectum. An anal fissure is a small crack, tear, or rip in the anal canal lining. Anal fissure is often very small, but can cause you severe pain. The pain gets worse after passing stool and normally last...
- What Are the Most Obvious Symptoms of Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is a condition that causes the inflammation of the appendix. The appendix is a tube around 3½ inch long and extends from the large intestine. It is said that the appendix has a role in gut immunity, but nothing as yet is definite with regard to its function. An individual can live...
- What Is An Anal Fissurectomy?
An anal fissurectomy is a surgery that may be used for curing anal fissures. The procedure involves an incision in the sphincter muscles which control one's anal opening. It is normally the recommended surgery for treating tears or cracks that develop inside the distal canal (passageway) where waste...
- Dr. Lina M Obrien M.D.4370 W 109TH ST OVERLAND PARK KS 66211
- Dr. Sanjay Vijaya Thekkeurumbil MD8901 W 74th St Overland Park KS 66204
- Dr. Robert Amajoyi M.D.4320 WORNALL RD STE 530 KANSAS CITY MO 64111
- Dr. Benyamine Mizrahi M.D.4370 W 109TH ST OVERLAND PARK KS 66211
- Dr. Jeremy William Cravens MD4370 W 109TH ST OVERLAND PARK KS 66211
- Dr. Walter Edwin Conner M.D.1004 Carondelet Dr Kansas City MO 64114