Dr. Maxcie Marie Sikora M.D.
Allergist and Immunologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Allergy/Immunology1315 Jefferson Highway New Orleans LA, 70121
Dr. Maxcie Sikora practices Pediatric Allergy Medicine in New Orleans, LA. A pediatric allergist/immunologist finds and treats allergies and immune system problems that child patients suffer from. Dr. Sikora treats the reactions caused by pet dander, pollen, dust, mold spores, insect stings, food, and medications; those reactions include asthma, hay fever, hives, eczema, or a very severe and unusual reaction called anaphylaxis.
Education and Training
University of South Alabama College of Medicine 2003
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Hay Fever (allergic Rhinitis)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (copd)
- Allergic Reaction
- Hives (urticaria)
Dr. Maxcie Marie Sikora M.D.'s Practice location
New Orleans, LA 70121Get Direction
Birmingham, AL 35209Get Direction
Dr. Maxcie Marie Sikora M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sikora
- Cold vs. Allergy: How to Tell the Difference
It is very common to assume that anyone with the sniffles is contagious. Very often, however, those sniffles are not linked to anything contagious at all--they can be related to other factors. The first thought of many individuals when they suffer from a runny nose, nasal congestion, coughing, or...
- Symbicort (Budesonide/Formoterol) Inhalation Aerosol
What is Symbicort?Symbicort is a combination drug used for the management of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) symptoms. The two active ingredients of Symbicort are budesonide and formoterol. This combination helps relax the airways and makes breathing easier.Budesonide can be...
- Are Food Allergies More Common in Children Than we Thought?
The results of a large study published in the journal Pediatrics, has shown that childhood food allergies are more common and dangerous than previously thought. In this study, researchers conducted a detailed survey of about 38,000 families who had at least one child under the age of 18-years-old....
- Can Sinusitis Be Caused by Allergies?
The inflammation of the sinuses found in your forehead, cheekbones, and behind your nose is what is known as sinusitis. Sinusitis can be a short-term inflammation resulting from a bacterial infection after an infection like the common cold. However, sinusitis can also be chronic, resulting from...
- How Is Lupus Diagnosed?
Lupus is a chronic inflammatory disorder that develops when your organs and tissues are attacked by your own immune system. Lupus causes inflammation in numerous organs, such as the heart, skin, blood cells, joints, lungs, brain, and kidneys.It can be quite hard to diagnose lupus since its signs and...
- Are Vaccines Safe for My Baby Under All Circumstances?
Are there any circumstances under which vaccination of young children is forbidden?There are particular conditions when the immunization of your child, unfortunately, cannot be performed. If all terms and conditions are followed accordingly, complications are avoidable. These are the circumstances...
- Dr. Emilio J Saturno MD1111 Medical Center Blvd Marrero LA 70072
- Dr. Ricardo U Sorensen MDChildren's Hospital - Allergy New Orleans LA 70118
- Dr. Jane Maroney Sayem el-dahr MD1415 Tulane Ave New Orleans LA 70112
- Dr. Sweta S Shah MD3225 Danny Park Metairie LA 70002
- Dr. Augusto C. Ochoa MD200 Henry Clay Ave New Orleans LA 70118
- Dr. Victoria Ritsa Dimitriades MD200 Henry Clay Ave New Orleans LA 70118